Best Saltwater fishing right now?

trevor

trevor

My dad and I might go on a trip this week. He said to try to find a few good options within 600 miles for fly fishing right now. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'd love to do some redfishing if possible. The only suggestion I've been able to find is Georgetown, SC (suggested in Eastern Fly Fishing Magazine), but I would like to find somewhere a little closer.

I just got back from South Carolina (Charleston Area) Fishing was very good the day I had a guide did not do well on my own. You need a boat in my opinion.Stopped at Carolina beach. NC at my wifes cousins sounds like the fishingis not nearly as good that far north. I am by no means that knowledgeable but I did talk to alot of people..

id say wait two month and hit jersey but that's me. you could hire a guide and be tossing flies at 30 and 40 pound bass.

personally I have little experience with redfish but all around fishing slows down in winter. i looking at reds much like stripers. both have a spring and fall run, they feed on the same forage and they are willing to hit a fly. red fish just stay further south and are more adapt to shallow water and warmer water. in north Carolina they call them spotted bass. id say do some research to find prime time for them. we are all dying to get out and if you can go somewhere where its warm go for it but i think its gonna be further south to fine better fishing. Florida is where i would go if i had the money.

My dad guides for a living out of OCMD. We're just looking for a way to beat cabin fever. It looks like this isn't gonna work out now, but thanks for the suggestions, guys.

In response to marcq, I had read that fishing for reds in Georgetown SC is actually better in the winter due to lower mercury levels, and therefore clearer water. This was in a recent Eastern Fly Fishing magazine article.

Back