Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Any Folks Fly Fish for Walleye? (Check PFBC Draft Plan)

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Tim and Swatter,
Did you know mill creek and its tribs have wild browns and some brookies upstream of wycombe near rt.263 and Buckingham..The bucks t.u. has been working there to preserve them. I grew up across from Del val and burpee farms fished the neshamminy and peace valley areas.(before lake galena) had Sm. bass in the stream..Once i got my drivers license I fished Mill alot during the season.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 6:51

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Harrisburg
Dear sandfly,

I only fished the Mill Creek near Wycombe a few times when I was kid. It was a long way to go from Feasterville even on a ten speed.

Last year there was a dam they had to drain on the upper end of Mill Creek or one of it's tribs and it had some nice bass and large wild trout in it. I remember reading about the dam being drained in the Courier on line.

I had a buddy who was 5 years older than I was. When he got his license he would take us to Cooks Creek. At age 12 that was like going on safari, it seemed to take all day to get there.

My brothers and I stuck to Churchville for the most part because it was close. Sneaking into the back part of the reservoir and wading the coves was where I really got started in fly fishing. I caught tons of bluegills and perch and the occasional bass on my hand me down Montgomery Wards fly rod and Martin 63 reel. It was a lot of fun.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/9/5 7:34
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

Quote:

sandfly wrote:
Tim and Swatter,
Did you know mill creek and its tribs have wild browns and some brookies upstream of wycombe near rt.263 and Buckingham.

Interesting...

I remember there ysed to be a deep hole right along 232 next to the road. I saw 2 big largemouth bass there. Then it got pretty brushy along the school property.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 9:04

I'm not aware of any brookies, but the wild brown trout population is in Watson Ck., trib to Mill.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 12:31

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Brooks were in Lahaska Creek mike. maybe we lost them due to degradation.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 11:48

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com