Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

a little question about a carp fly

From bucks county
ive been hearing a bunch of cicadas around, and i believe that a cicada pattern can be used to catch carp, anybody have any luck with this?
i might be able to get out for an hour or two to a spot with a fishing friend of mine, would love to get him his first carp. depending on the sop the water is from about 2 ft to 5 foot deep, many carp have been sited in both spots and ive hooked into one at each spot on a crawfish and a bugger, but it would be sweet to see some top water. and they are lakes/ponds, not rivers.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 13:37

Re: a little question about a carp fly

From Philadelphia PA
t's just a matter of timing that will be the challenge. I got a nice 3-4 lber this year with a topwater popper.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 14:19
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

Re: a little question about a carp fly

From Pittsburgh
Absolutely.... and this is the year for it. I was on Raystown Lake 17 years ago watching them hoover them off of the surface... It was epic. To Penny's point, timing truly is everything. If carp are not currently feeding on top, it is hard to induce a rise. Events like spinner falls, cottonwood seeds, mulberry's, etc.... can all bring them up top. The sad truth is that 98% of the time it is a bottom game rather than a top. Good luck!

Posted on: 2013/8/12 8:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com