Re: Tying a Surgeon's Know with Help From your Forceps

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Quote:

wildtrout2 wrote:
Quote:

JasonS wrote:
Quote:

MD_Gene wrote:
So you saved 45 seconds by not watching the video??

Yes. Why would I watch a 45 second video for a knot that takes 3 seconds to tie? Seems horribly ineffecient.

And to the other poster, you are correct, wet the line before making the loop to make it stick together.

Jason, why are you so argumentative? You remind me of one of the guys I work with, he would argue with Christ. This fellow just posted something that he thought might help others, nothing more.

Why do you care honestly? He posted something, I made a comment then offered a tip that actually makes tying the knot easier with out introducing unnecessary equipment, imo. What exactly have you added to this thread, other than your typical whining comments? You remind me of a woman I work with, actually no you dont cause not even the women act like you.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 16:47

Re: Tying a Surgeon's Knot with Help From your Forceps

From Da 'Berg, PA
Cute guys. Real cute.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 22:09

From NE OH
Well, I'll tell you what I liked about it Gene. I spend my days tying surgeon knots with hemostats. And while I've done it in the OR and on the creek a zillion times the way you showed, I took for granted that everyone else doesn't do it that way. And then I thought, "Why would they?" It does not go without saying and I thought your simple video was a cool way to help out newbies who might be struggle with this. The commentaries about using it with gloves and cold fingers are great! It's also helpful when you are trying to tie in to that last short section of a hand tied leader if you have broken off several times.

Good show sir. Ignore the negative. They are always out there. Their comments speak only about them, not you or your video.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 10:31

From Woodstock, MD
Hi Jason, I tried to send you an individual message but don't know if I succeeded. I am always looking for ways to improve my fishing experience (today it took me 10 minutes to tie a dropper on with 6x). If you could post the fast way you tie the surgeon's knot I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 20:10

From SE PA - Montgomery County
To be honest with you, I don't like to tie any knots quickly. I like to be sure the wraps are even and uniform and well lubed as stated. If not, they will fail. Spending a few extra seconds on a knot is not really a bad thing.

I had a friend show me a trick to pull the tag ends through the loop with a small knitting needle. He was quick with it, but I never quite got the hang of it. Nail knots are one of the few I use a tool for.

Posted on: 2013/10/22 12:17

From NE OH
Quote:

MD_Gene wrote:
Hi Jason, I tried to send you an individual message but don't know if I succeeded.
I am always looking for ways to improve my fishing experience (today it took me 10 minutes to tie a dropper on with 6x).
If you could post the fast way you tie the surgeon's knot I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

That right there was pretty classy Gene. I love the way you handled this thread. A fantastic example to young folks right there of how to be a gentleman. Thank you sir!

Posted on: 2013/10/23 8:52

From Philly
After watching the video (twice) I don't think my life will ever be the same. Thank you for sharing this!

Posted on: 2013/10/23 23:54

From Ferguson Twp.
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:

That right there was pretty classy Gene. I love the way you handled this thread. A fantastic example to young folks right there of how to be a gentleman. Thank you sir!

I know Gene and have tied & fished with him, he is a class act to be sure.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 7:03

From Central PA
good job gene, thanks for the vid...

I said it once and i'll say it again, reading threads on this site is more entertaining then watching tv.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 20:40

From Stevens,Pa.
Nice vid,my Brother-In-Law is a surgeon and couldn't keep a fly on very long, he use to tie two square knots. Worried aren't ya.

Posted on: 2013/10/25 7:17

From Glenside, PA
thanks for posting this - great tip! this coming from someone who has fumbled around on the stream trying to tie new tippet on for a couple of years now

Posted on: 2013/11/19 11:37

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com