The best way to approach class A mountain streams?

S

Salvi1

Hello!
I am STILL on novice when it comes to fly fishing but What is the best way too approach a small class a stream? Is it to fish your way up stream approaching the pools on the downstream side? i love the solitude on these small gems and could probably concentrate my fly skills more on these little waters. Any tips welcome on this matter.

Sal

geneally speaking, yes. i fish going upstream and approach the holes on the downstream side. staying as low as possible. here is a few links to a bunch of tips!tight areas
and:
brook trout for beginners

A BUNCH OF DUPONT!!! :-D

The best advice i can give you is pretend your hunting, use stealth , wear a camo hat and shirt ( woodland is best) use light lines, double taper lines land better, but dont stay home if you only have weight forward. Pretend you an Egret with the patience to wait until you see a fish. Fish up stream , leave the vest and ten fly boxes at home, take along two flies of each patern in two sizes that fish well on that stream. Buy a cheap fanny pack and after filling it with what you need not want swing it around so that its behind you and in front is the intended prey, and mother nature laughing with anticipation on your first cast. Last but not least dont get fustrated, think through what you do before you do it. Hope this helps you out.

thanks guys all tips muchly appreciated cant wait for some rain here in southcentral to hit some of these mountain creeks might have to wait til fall...

Pretend you're an egret??? That's hillarious, but he's right the addict knows his stuff.(sometimes)

You'll get yours on Sat L.B.64 :lol:

Back