Remember why we fish

CaptMatt

CaptMatt

My tip and trick for today is to take a moment to remember why you fish and why you love fishing. With all the debate regarding catch and release, regulations and property postings we loose touch with the water, the fish and the nature that we love. So in the spirit of fly fishing, take a moment or two to stop and smell the roses, and let’s get back to remembering that fishing is supposed to be nothing but fun!!!

Good point. I fish because it is fun. The pleasure principle, plain and simple.

Nice tip!

Fishing is like meditation for me. It's more than fun. I'm not religious, so I treat a trout stream as my church. It's that simple. I feel like I'm part of something more important when I'm out there alone or with close friends. It's how I unwind.

A big source of my incme comes from fishing so at times I can put too much pressure on my self to find and catch fish. Every once in a while I need to remind my self that fishing is fun and relaxing. Thats why I love trout fishing sooo much. I grew up with it and no saltwater hard bangin fish on earth can replace the feel of a trout or the memories I've made on the trout streams.

Back