poor man's bugger

bushwacker

bushwacker

It was within the second hour of waiting for the Wally World mechanics to finish a half our oil change that I became bored and ventured into the store's fishing section. I noticed some crappie jigs with weighted heads, chenille bodies, and maribou tails in black and white. In a pinch, I bet they could be used effectively as wolly buggers "Wally buggers". Anyone ever try this before? Just a thought.

im sure theyd be fine

I'd just buy the Cortland wooly flash buggers from the next aisle over and be done with it. ;)

I'm confused, do other Walmarts just not carrying FF'ing stuff at all? I can wander in and buy any number of Cortland products from my local Walmart.

I like to help Sri Lankin and Kenyan sweatshop workers whenever possible, or whenever I don't feel like tying a pattern.

(And on that note, why is it Sri Lanka and Kenya seem to provide the world with cheap fly tying labour over the ususal Asian or Central American sweat shops?)

(And on that note, why is it Sri Lanka and Kenya seem to provide the world with cheap fly tying labour over the ususal Asian or Central American sweat shops?)

free range chickens,jungle fowl etc.

My wal-mart has diminshed there selection of fly fishing equipment

I have 3 walmarts within 20 minutes of me (north east, south east and south west... talk about overkill) and only one has any fly fishing supplies. The other two (closer to the city) have very limited fishing supplies any more let alone fly fishing.

Wal=Mart used to sell guns and ammo too............sign of the times maybe?

Depends on the Walmart "size" classification. Only the larger stores will carry fly fishing stuff. I have one close to me that was the 2nd largest walmart in the country when it was built a few years ago, it carries fly fishing equip, but the one 20 min away doesnt.

I've seen those and think the jig head is a bit large and heavy. I tie and buggers are pretty easy so I don't worry about it. Unless you're fishing really heavy pocket water, I think they'd be too heavy.

there's one about every 8 miles along rt 30...they all have some.

My wal-mart still sell guns and ammo

i think most wal marts sell ammo as guns i think they only sell black powder or just sell them in places where people buy their guns at wal-mart i know i dont .....

i bought some of those exact jigs to try because a tree ate my buggers, still learning, i got the 1/32 oz head. a little tricky to cast at first, could be my lack of experience, but they worked really well i pulled to stocked rainbows out of a deep hole. i bought the white and the black ones. as far as walmart goes i have 3 real close too, uniontown has a eagle claw fly rod and a few fly kits but that is about all, i haven't seen any fly rod combos either there for a long time. but since they opened the new one they don't carry much.

The walmart up on the Carlisle Pike hardly has anything for FFing either. Actually they don't have as much fishing stuff period as I remember from years past. Not sure why.

Back