Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Micro Nymphs

This is something I hear more and more about and just wanted to clarify.

http://www.flyguysoutfitting.com/micronymphs.html

When fishing these small nymphs, are all the normal nymphing approaches and tactics the norm? Should i be doing something OTHER than looking for a drag free drift?

Posted on: 2010/11/16 1:37

Re: Micro Nymphs
From Chester County
Quote:

808transplant wrote:
This is something I hear more and more about and just wanted to clarify.

http://www.flyguysoutfitting.com/micronymphs.html

When fishing these small nymphs, are all the normal nymphing approaches and tactics the norm? Should i be doing something OTHER than looking for a drag free drift?

Most times a drag-free (dead) drift takes fish. Movement (planned and controlled movement) may work best imitating hatching insects and/or sight-fishing with nymphs. Unless I see active hatch and the fish chasing nymphs or pupa, I DD my nymphs as a Plan A. I may add some subtle movement as PLAN B, and aggressive movement as a Plan C.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 7:40

From Johnstown, PA
My last post on here is gone too but what it said was that even when i'm fishing dead drift i almost always do the old "Lift" at the end of my drift. Lifting at the end of a dead drift is often what makes the difference between catching and not catching , right at that moment when you stop and lift is when most of the takes occur......sometimes.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 9:00

From Pine Grove
Quote:

osprey wrote:
My last post on here is gone too but what it said was that even when i'm fishing dead drift i almost always do the old "Lift" at the end of my drift. Lifting at the end of a dead drift is often what makes the difference between catching and not catching , right at that moment when you stop and lift is when most of the takes occur......sometimes.

Also if you don't lift at the end of the drift it's hard to cast, because your fly is still underwater.

Boyer

Posted on: 2010/11/22 9:15

From Johnstown, PA
Matt.......if i didn't know that you know what the "Leisenring Lift" is i might think yer just being a ................nevermind. You're absolutely right if you don't lift your fly will still be underwater. LOL

Posted on: 2010/11/23 7:21

From Pine Grove
Quote:

osprey wrote:
Matt.......if i didn't know that you know what the "Leisenring Lift" is i might think yer just being a ................nevermind. You're absolutely right if you don't lift your fly will still be underwater. LOL

I do and I was.

Boyer

Posted on: 2010/11/23 8:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com