Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How do you explore new waters?

From Brookville, PA
Go to a TU or FFF there is bound to be someone to show you a few spots. Also there has to be a forum for the area. I know north Georgia does have some trout fishing.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 9:35

From Greenville PA
nothing better then exploroing new waters...fish are just bonuses :)

Posted on: 2013/8/10 1:27

Contact the state's regional fisheries biologist.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 9:08

From LV
I've fished some of the waters of North GA. I blieve they were in Chattahoochee National Forest. But there is some good fishing in N. GA. you just have to do your homework.
As far as how I find streams. I used the GA Delorme Gazzetteer and looked for streams north of the Big A, also asked at the National Forest Headquarters. They had the info I was looking for.
In PA I use the winter to look for streams or if I was on the road, before I retired, I'd do some drive bye's and stop to have a look. During winter I'd take my Delorme, and make a list of streams from resources on the PFBC web site, looking for streams on wild trout lists, and then go out to check them out.
If the weather wasn't cold, I'd take my rod and fish a couple to get more detail. Also during the fall I also go out during the spawning season, late Oct. to Late Nov. and look for spawning trout. That also gives me an idea of how well the trout are doing in particular streams.
I then go back when the hatches are on to see if there are bugs to fish over and what they might be. But I'll almost never return to a stream more then once every couple of years, because I don't want others to see me fishing, and I don't want people to see me return again and again, it's a dead giveaway of a trout stream that may not take to much activity before it goes south.
There are people that return again and again, and to me that's something you just don't want to do, bring attention to those that might harvest or themselves draw attention.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 10:02

From North Wales, PA
Th the OP, if you are still around this maybe of help to your search

http://www.perfectflystore.com/dvdstalkingat.html

Posted on: 2013/8/11 19:34

From East Tenn
You are less than half and hour from trout! You have the chatahoochie just north of Atlanta, and in less than 2 hours there s good mountain sreams strait east of you. Not to mention the Hiwassee and other tailwater..

Posted on: 2013/8/11 21:01

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
171 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com