Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

How do you carry your camera?

From Pine Grove
I was just wondering what everyone does for camera safety/waterproofing? Or what you even use for your camera.

Last year I had the wonderful luck of my phone falling out of my vest pocket when I leaned over to pick up a fish and right into the stream it went(and that is what I used for my camera).

I do have a digital but need to find a waterproof way to carry it if I plan on taking it with fishing!

Posted on: 2008/12/8 21:52

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Re: How do you carry your camera?

From lancaster county
There are waterproof cases now that apperantly can fit most models of cameras:

camera case

this is an example. not a bad idea as i dont have one yet either. What i do have is a camera case that clips around my belly and the camera is in the front of me. Its not water proof though.

there is also things like these:

more camera cases

Posted on: 2008/12/8 22:07

From Bozeman
My buddy has a waterproof pouch with a piece of shoelace tied to it. He just wraps it around himself like it's a guitar strap and carries it that way.

It's a heavy duty zip seal, which is then folded over twice, then vel-cro'd.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 22:08

From Greensburg, PA
in a zippy in the front pocket inside my waders...on the very few occasions I carry one. Usually my phone is in there though.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 23:01

From Suburban Pittsburgh
I use this one:

http://tinyurl.com/5rj4fh

I like the fact that it's got the room for the lens to zoom, but it is a little bulky. The thing works though. They've got other bags on that website too.

Posted on: 2008/12/8 23:47

From York, PA
I just put my tiny Pentax Optio in my vest pocket!!
Waterproof, no prob! All automatic, just point and shoot!

Posted on: 2008/12/9 1:42

From Lewistown
I carry a large camera and I place it in a large ziploc bag and then in a side pouch.
I found that even if the bag isn't 100% water tight the camera doesn't get wet. However, when I get home I usually unpack it just incase any moisture got in.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 7:53

From bucks cty
[quote]
Woolybugger wrote:
I just put my tiny Pentax Optio in my vest pocket!!
Waterproof, no prob! All automatic, just point and shoot!

quote]

I gave up the bags and went the Optio route. Best way to go.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 8:56

From Pittsburgh
I usually just drop my camera in the water early in the trip, then I can stash it in the back of my vest and don't have to think about taking pictures the rest of the day!

Posted on: 2008/12/9 13:19

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I usually don't carry one in the winter time. However, when I do, I have a waterproof clear plastic case, meant for snorkeling, that holds my Canon point and shoot. The plastic case takes a nice little point and shoot and makes it bulky, but it protects it from the elements and allows underwater shots.

I put velcro on the back of the camera case. I put the other side of the velcro strips on the front of my richardson. When I take the camera, it hangs out there, handy and ready to use in a heartbeat instead of fishing through pockets.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 20:43

From Pine Grove
Hmm, I've been needing a new digital since mine died in the water in my john boat last year in Blue Marsh when a bigger boat sent me a rocking.

I think I am going to look into that Pentax Optio, how much did you guys pay for them and where did you get it?

It seems like a perfect thing for me considering I spend a lot of time fishing, hiking and camping when rain comes, boating, and even for skiing that would be great!

Posted on: 2008/12/9 21:32

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Hey All,

I work for FujiFilm USA and if you can wait until @ March we will have a camera suited for what is being spoken about here. Due to non-disclosure agreements I can't give all the details etc but it will be announced in January 09, and will arrive in stores @ March, just in time for Spring fishing.

Also if your vest has loop/clip near the front pocket and you use a compact camera just attached the camera strap to the loop and place in your pocket. Then if you bend over and the camera falls out the vest snap keeps the camera from falling in the water.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 8:45

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
the pentax w30 and newer all are water proof, even able to take pics under water..I have a nikon with a case, and a fuji s700 i would like to get a case since i get better details with it..

Posted on: 2008/12/10 9:44

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..

From Gettysburg
I never fish without a camera. About 20 years ago at Fisherman's Paradise I caught the largest brown trout of my life and didn't have a camera. I vowed never to be without one since. Anyway, I keep mine in one of the upper vest pockets in a zip-lock bag. Attached to the camera lanyard with a link is about a foot long "dummy cord" in case I drop it or it falls from my pocket. There are better waterproof bag set-ups that can be purchased but I've done fine with the old zip locks. The one draw back is that when zipped shut, the lanyard protrudes, preventing the bag from being zipped shut completely.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 15:23

From Duncannon, PA
I put a little sony p&s in a waterproof pocket on my vest. Seems to work--I've fallen in more times than I'd like to admit since I only started fishing early this year and it seems to stay dry.

On this topic though, does anyone carry an SLR camera with them? Any solutions for keeping it dry? I'd like to bring one, but I don't want to risk breaking a pricey camera!

Posted on: 2008/12/10 15:26

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
153 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com