Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How do you carry your camera?

I used a small waterproof bag for a digital camera. Had to open up the bag and take the camera out everytime I wanted to take a photo. Suppose you might be able to take pictures with the camera still in the bag but I did'nt like it. Felt like it took too long especially if a fish is waiting for you to finish Three Stooges routine getting the camera ready. nuk-nuk-nuk

The bag will keep your camera dry as long as you dont drop it while taking the photo in the creek.

Since went with waterproof camera- can take pictures in seconds and never worry about getting it wet. Helps shed extra space- nice for me since I dont use a vest.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 11:38

From York County
I am an avid photographer so when I go out I take my Canon 30D, which is now somewhat outdated but still a great camera. I carry it in my water resistant backpack until I believe it is safe to put on the tripod. I position it toward the area I am fishing and put it on self timer so if I catch one I can hit the shutter step back and say cheese. This rather cumbersome, I can't bring myself to leave the camera in the car, so I lug everything along. I plan to purchase either a Pentax waterproof Optio or one of the Olympus SW models. SW for shockproof + waterproof. The more expensive Olympus is a tank. It is crushproof as well as waterproof and shockproof, and can withstand 30 ft. of water. and and frigid temperature. They sell from about $200-$370 depending on which model. I hope to buy one for next season exclusively for fishing and underwater shots, preferably wide-angle.

Posted on: 2008/12/14 11:24

From York County
I would also say you should visit Circuit City or Ritz Camera located in Boscov's all around eastern part of state where you can see or test them hands on and compare prices. As for as the internet goes prices will very a lot. Usually you can do a search for say "waterproof camera" and said models may pop up, or one of the stores that carry it should pop up on the right hand side of the computer if you yahoo.. B&H Photo is also a huge mail order company who is for the most part reputable and they have everything. You can probably find an outdated waterproof model fairly cheap if you look and they are still good cameras because digitals cameras are considered outdated now after only a year or to at the rate they are increasing megapixels. Don't worry so much that a camera doesnt have 10 or 12 megapixels, because you'll only need that many if you plan to enlarge your photos to 24-36" (inches) 6-8 magapixels is fine and I don't care what the salesperson says.

Posted on: 2008/12/14 11:39

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Yeah, its past the point where the electronics are the limiting factor, its now the optics. The advice I told my dad (which he didn't take), was pick your price, then find the camera with the LOWEST stats for that price. Generally, that will be a solid quality camera, with good optics, instead of a cheap thing thats overfeatured just to fill up the sales flier.

A few other things. If it comes with a battery pack and charger, thats definitely a plus over AA batteries. Li-ion is especially good. A single charge lasts a long time. If you end up with AA's, make sure you get the ones meant for high drain devices. If you go with the cheap walmart type brand, you'll go through several sets a day.

Posted on: 2008/12/14 20:36

From Stevens,Pa.
Im like David but i leave my camera at home because i dropped it in the stream on the first outing with it three years ago and my wife won't let me spend her Tupperware money on a new one. I now watch them play on my photochomatic senic mind forever and ever although I have forgotten how to go to the next picture.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 7:25

From Butler
I carry a DSLR camera with me when fishing (Nikon D40) and depending on where I am fishing, such as If I am close to the shore while wading, I usually just leave it in my backpack on the shore in the shade --- I like to have it close to me so I can snap a pic quick without keeping the fish on the line too long

Posted on: 2009/1/24 16:23

From Stevens,Pa.
Update, my wife bought me a neat little digital with zoom and its WATER PROOF!!!, now if i can only remember where i put it.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 8:45

Olympus 1030sw waterproof and shockproof

Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:30

From SEPA
I plopped the wife's decomissioned PnS into a zip lock bag. I use hers because everything I've ever owned is too bulky or complicated for that sort of thing.

However, to save weight and bulk, I usually leave the camera in the car. ALong with my phone, I'm not dropping a $400 telephone into the stream.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 8:59

From Upper Saucon, PA
Let's see, by the time I would take my camera out of the wader pocket to take the picture, I could have worked another run and felt another tug from a native trout. I keep mine inside my wader pocket, that way if it gets wet that certainly means I am up to my armpits in trouble.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 0:08

From new cumberland
Zip-Lock Freezer Bags......I put my wallet, Phone and smokes in one. Camera in another. I even fell in a couple of days ago.......LOL. everything was cool except i had decided that my smokes didn't need to live in the bag cause it was a pain in the ass to get em out and put em back. I have learned that wet cigs are no better then no cigs.......LOL!

Posted on: 2009/6/21 15:29

From Enola, Pa.
Will

I always carry a extra pack in the back of my vest in a baggie, It's usually a long walk back to the car!

PaulG

Posted on: 2009/6/22 13:26

From Pittsburgh
if u do end up dropping ur camera or other electronic in the water, something that u can do is put it in a bag of white rice which will asorb the moisture. Never had to do this though =)

Posted on: 2009/6/28 0:47

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com