Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Fishing Etiquette for Erie.

quick story

back in the day, up during the salmon river hayday, (there is more stories than paper) i seen a guy fight a fish and lost it. he lost it by other fisherman crowding him and casting over his fish. he went down stream a little and fish got off. he came back and his spot was gone. he managed to get back in but was PI$$ED off at everyone. he then fowl hooked a fish and then didnt say a word. just opened up his bail and let the fish run. now this pool was about a 100 yards long and 2 deep with fisherman. i was lucky enough to see what was going on and i got my line out of the water. lets just say there were lines tangled everywhere. im assuming he had 30 or 40 lb test. he cut his line and then left. it was funny because i had about 10 mins of good fishing while everyone tied new snagging gear.

Posted on: 2008/12/23 1:10

From Chester County
How 'bout if these tools ended up fishing near you?

http://fearless.msn.com/?section=episodes&contentid=9#/episodes/9/

Posted on: 2008/12/27 12:38

Take 2 rods! One 14' Crappie Rod with a Huge treble hook on it with lead weights and your fly rod. You know what to do!

I am probably the worst and I really try no to be rude when it comes to etiquette. Maybe not on the Erie but I yell and hoop when I hook up on even the smallest trout.

I apologize in advance.

Posted on: 2008/12/30 16:25

How's This? Is this giving other anglers enough room?

Attach file:

zip crowded fishing.zip Size: 0.00 KB; Hits: 88

Posted on: 2009/1/4 9:18

From Upper Saucon, PA
When we hit the Erie tribs we normally find spots with fish and no one else on that section. If we do have to fish a spot with others due to weather conditions then we normally again find where the fish are and if we happen to be close to thers and find ourselves working a fish, we always expect that spot right back. I dont try and move anyone and I dont expect anyone to try and move me. We sight fish when hitting the steel head so more times than not there may not be any fish where the crowds are, or the fish are so hunkered down into snags that even the best guide couldnt touch them.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 22:21

From Souderton, Pa
i love it when you hook up fight and land a fish and in the mean time someone else moves into your spot and then gives you the eye and look of death. some people just have no clue. we had this happen this past week

Posted on: 2009/3/2 22:13

From Upper Saucon, PA
I agree with a few posts here, that for the most part we normally hit spots on the Erie tribs that require hiking in, so as to stay away from the crowds.

Somethings though, due to weather conditions and timing, not to mention fishing coming in we may just hit a spot right at the Lake, therefore some others are there, although a bit upstream.

It's funny to watch as we pull in fish, folks tend to move closer and closer, with some coming right up to try and nosey in. what we do in that case is simply fish and move right back into the spot after we net and release each steelhead. Then after we simply wear out the spot, we will walk away and watch the gaggle fight to get the spot. The best part is normally we have worn out the spot, so those moving in have as much luck as they did upstream.

It's not mean sprited, because we do not push folks out of their spots, we simply move to where we can see fish and back to catching we go.

Posted on: 2009/4/12 11:35

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com