Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WANTED old bamboo fly rod

From York, PA
I am looking for an old split bamboo fly rod. No specific brand. Needs to be a 3 piece 8.5'-9' in length. I am going to try my hand at making a "banty" fly rod and just need something that is in working condition. It does not have to be pretty. Even a mid and top section would work without the butt section. Don't want to spend too much so let me know what you got and what you want for it.

Thanks,
Grouse11

Posted on: 2012/6/10 12:27

Re: WANTED old bamboo fly rod

From SE Pa.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 21:14

I'd sell the one from the post below. Had a guy look at it and he agreed with what the internet told me--upper-mid range turn of the century Montague. One of the top sections is missing a guide.

$100.

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/open- ... y-thoughts-on-this-one-/3,15178,flat.html

Posted on: 2012/6/15 20:35

From Harrisburg
Dear grouse,

Where are located?

I have a 9 foot Horrocks and Ibbotson Spinner. It was a higher grade rod for H-I in it's day. It has two equal length tips and the ferrules are in good shape with the exception of the one tip fits slightly looser than the other. The ferrule from the butt section to the mid needs needs to be reset but since you really aren't looking for three good sections it should work for you.

I can send you pictures if you would like but I'd need a bit of time to take them and send them. PM your email and I'll get some for you.

If you are interested I am in Harrisburg. I'd rather not ship the rod but if you do want it I will ship it to you for $ 50.00 all in. You can pick it up for $ 35.00.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2012/6/16 17:50
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com