Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 (2) 3 »


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11270
Offline
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
Gary nothing is showing for those links. well it shows but it just says it ended. Does not say what it is ending for. Also, I did not see a 9wt listed there. Everything that is below 200 is just being bid on, and will almost certainly go for over $200.


Scroll down. Tilt didn't specify a model, just an A3 under $200. I provided an answer. Although, it would appear two thirds are all the same vendor, Uptown_Angler. Is he an authorized dealer? Dunno, nor do I care. YP. Or, more appropriately, HP.

Quote:

SBecker wrote:
my PAFF friends


Too easy.

Anyways, if the rods are as magical as people say, they'll go up and value and lack of a warranty won't kill you. Stick it in the closet for two years. Either it'll double, or fall out completely. Keep it unfished and the plastic wrapped on it, though. I know you kept the plastic on it, that's how you roll.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 20:20
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Actually, it did not come with plastic on it.

I plan on doing exactly what you say as well. Stick it in the closet. It is a very real possibility I might be fishing the salt a whole crap load. Anyways, might be a good spare, if I ever break my gift on a 700lb tuna lol

Posted on: 2011/9/13 20:26
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/



Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11270
Offline
Also, the warranty card isn't worth crap two years from now. Fill it out and send it out. They might not care about a rod bought 60 days ago, but they'll ignore your warranty request when its 730 days overdue.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 20:30
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2011/8/18 20:59
From 2F
Posts: 18
Offline
Really,
I thought my offer was fair seeing that it has no warranty and can be bought new on ebay for $185 as posted above. Where did you get it from? was it a scott authroized dealer? I am sure you didn't pay retail for it. Like I said if they can be bought for $185-$200 which they clearly can be as posted in the above links, why would you try and sell it for $250 other than to try and profit of guys on here.

Seems like bad business to me. I am sure you have a following that will support you because it seems from what I have read on here that there are groups that stick up for one another like inner city gangs.

Buyers beware, no warranty = you will pay more to fix it when it breaks then it is worth. Why pay $250 then if you break a tip section you will be stuck paying more than you could have bought a new one for.

Straight from Scott:

Is my rod covered by the Scott warranty?

Rods that have been resold, are not registered with Scott within 30 days of purchase, or have a serial number lower than 35,000 will be charged a reasonable fee for repairs.

My rod is not covered by the warranty. What will it cost?

$20.00 Per guide rewrap, ferrule refit, or reel seat repair
$100.00 Per tip or mid section replacement
$175.00 Per butt section replacement
$45.00 For return shipping and handling per rod



Posted on: 2011/9/14 12:38


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/3/31 8:05
Posts: 124
Offline
WK wrote: "Seems like bad business to me. I am sure you have a following that will support you because it seems from what I have read on here that there are groups that stick up for one another like inner city gangs."

This is so true, it is almost funny. With that said, you might as well give up b/c this "gang" will fight to the bitter end to defend one of their own. This is what they do, seems 24/7...

Becker, good luck with your rod, sorry things got off track here, but it sounds like you just want to keep it now anyway.




Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:01


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Please show me a Scott A3 9wt for under $200. Yes, I bought it from a Scott dealer. I hope you fall into a river and get wet.


Show me anybody on here that sticks up for me. It is the exact opposite

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:03
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/



Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2008/12/29 13:34
From Lehigh Valley
Posts: 670
Offline
Not under $200 - but TC0 is selling them brand new for 234 (brand new - with warranty).

http://www.tcoflyfishing.com/TCO_Fly_ ... oduct.cfm?productid=47859

So under 200 used without warranty is certainly fair. Gotta keep it honest.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:06
_________________
if you want to catch more fish, fish when other fishermen don’t; fish where other fishermen don’t, and fish how other fishermen don’t.


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Good job Trow, I am keeping it anyways. After a week of busting my butt working, I had a couple minutes to get on PAFF after deciding, I did not really need it anylonger. Typed in Scott A3 9wt and came back with a ton of results for 270 or more. Further, I asked for a trade. I did not want cash. I pretty much explained that. Thats why my initial post stated TRADE. He asked me how much, I remember seeing what they were going for on the couple sites they were on and stated 250. Also, I said I was not sure of the warrenty AND DID NOT WANT TO GET INTO AN ARGUMENT OVER IT. YET, Bozo nut had to get all freaked out. I would rather smash the rod into little pieces then ever sell it to an idiot like that.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:13
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/



Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/2/14 12:01
Posts: 103
Offline
Quote:

SBecker wrote:

Show me anybody on here that sticks up for me. It is the exact opposite


Boo-hoo. :'(

That being said, im actually going to do just that...
Regardless of whether you think $250 for second hand A3 is too much (it is) he he wasn't trying to gouge anybody. He was looking for a trade. When someone asked about a price, it seems he threw out a number close to what it would cost to get a
5wt of comparable quality. If someone's willing to pay that, it's not his fault.

I do however think it's funny that this is biting him in the kiester, since he was the one that brought up the fact that A3s were being blown out when that other mope was trying to unload a used A3 and claiming the warranty was still valid.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:23


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Quote:

Shebop wrote:
Quote:

SBecker wrote:

Show me anybody on here that sticks up for me. It is the exact opposite


Boo-hoo. :'(

That being said, im actually going to do just that...
Regardless of whether you think $250 for second hand A3 is too much (it is) he he wasn't trying to gouge anybody. He was looking for a trade. When someone asked about a price, it seems he threw out a number close to what it would cost to get a
5wt of comparable quality. If someone's willing to pay that, it's not his fault.

I do however think it's funny that this is biting him in the kiester, since he was the one that brought up the fact that A3s were being blown out when that other mope was trying to unload a used A3 and claiming the warranty was still valid.



What? I dunno what you are talking about. When did I ever argue with a guy about a warrenty being valid? Please post that link.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:26
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/



Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2008/12/29 13:34
From Lehigh Valley
Posts: 670
Offline
Read it again - i don't think he meant you - he said "that other mope" (whoever that is)

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:29


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2008/1/31 17:19
From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Posts: 13357
Offline
Trade for the 7 wt still stands. Comon, you know you want to. :) Seriously, you got two 9 wts you rarely use and one 7 wt you said you don't really like. I got two pretty nice 7 wts I rarely use and am looking for a 9 wt. I know you'd rather have a 5 wt, but this would be a step up in both our situations, no?

Any question of comparable value is no big deal to me. We'd make it work to where we could both be happy in about 30 seconds of discussion.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:31


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/2/14 12:01
Posts: 103
Offline
You didn't argue about the warranty. Kindly re-read. I said you pointed out that A3s were being blown out at prices below what he was asking. In fact, I believe you mentioned the very rod you're trying to trade here.

The post in question was removed, likely because the aforementioned chiseler whined to the management.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:32


Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Sorry Pcray, I am keeping the dang thing. I will melt it in a fire and then pee on it, before I sell it. I will save it for one of my friends that needs to borrow a rod for the shore, or for when my kids get older. Maybe I will just make one for salt and one for mudsharks.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:34
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/



Re: Scott A3 9ft 9wt

Joined:
2010/6/26 11:19
From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Posts: 7054
Offline
Quote:

Shebop wrote:
You didn't argue about the warranty. Kindly re-read. I said you pointed out that A3s were being blown out at prices below what he was asking. In fact, I believe you mentioned the very rod you're trying to trade here.

The post in question was removed, likely because the aforementioned chiseler whined to the management.


Yea, and if I remember correctly, I waited untill after he sold it and mentioned they were going for lower prices. So, unlike you and Nutqueen, I held my coments untill after it was sold.


Posted on: 2011/9/14 13:40
_________________
"Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!"

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/




« 1 (2) 3 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls





Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com