Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Flyfishing books

Have a few PA flyfishing books for sale:

Bodines or Camping on the Lycoming. By Thad S. Up De Graff. First published in 1879. This is a 1994 reprint by Gateway Press. It's about brook trout fishing in NC PA, WAY back in the day. Mostly about Lycoming Creek and tribs, but some on Loyalsock drainage too. The author came down by train from Elmira NY, camped at Bodines (it's still on the map) on Lycoming Creek, and camped and fished. Has some illustrations, including one of "Shorty the poacher." A handsome hardcover book. Excellent, like new condition.
$40 + $5 shipping

Lure and Lore of Trout Fishing, by Alvin R. (Bus) Grove. He was a professor at Penn State. Originally published in 1951. This is a Freshet Press edition, 1971. Forward by Charles Fox. In protective, box-like slipcover. Good condition, except for initials of previous owner on first inside page, and foxing (light spotting) of some pages, mostly in the first part of the book, but which do not affect readability. $30 + $5 shipping.

Vanishing Trout by Charles Lose. First edition, not a reprint. This is the original book, published in 1931.
About the early brook trout days in NC PA, particularly the Loyalsock drainage. This book is a masterpiece, IMHO. Ask anyone who has read it. But I've accumulated several copies, and I'm realizing that I only need one for myself to pull out and read again every few years.
In very good condition. $95 + $5 shipping.

If you buy more than one book, the shipping would be $5 for the first book, $2 for each additional.

PM me if you have questions.

Dwight

Posted on: 2009/5/16 17:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com