Underwater World of Trout

Padraic

Padraic

This isn't really a book, but you guys should check out the Underwater World of Trout.

These DVD's are a real eye opener. Showing the way trout swim, feed, fight, find feeding and sheltering lies. The perspective is so revolutionary (to me anyway), it is an amazing learning experience.

That's a great DVD. I believe he has a second one out.

He does have two out. I think the other is titled Trout Lies. I've been meaning to buy both of them, saved the $, but haven't made to the fly shop yet.
JH

There are two out, and I think I like the second one (feeding lies) better.

I have seen both, and both are very good. I like the second one better.

Very interesting!

Thought I'd refresh this thread as Ozzie has come out with his third video which I recently purchased at Somerset. I'm a huge fan of his first two underwater videos: "Discovery" and "The Underwater World of Trout - Feeding Lies." His new video is "Trout Vision and Refraction." The first two are, in my estimation, so enjoyable due to the underwater trout filming and how this sheds light on fish feeding and behavior. To be honest, Ozzie's latest video was a disappointment in my view. It certainly offers a lot of info on the subject of a trout's window and visual perspective but the underwater video is almost entirely recycled stuff from the earlier versions. In short, if you want to learn about trout vision, this a good video but if you're expecting to see lots of new underwater filmography on the level of his previous videos, save your money and skip this latest DVD.

Two of those DVD's can be found on Netflix.

I have the first video, and after reading this thread I am going to purchace the second one. Dave thanks for the heads up on the third one.

Truly amazing footage and it had me re-think some of my nymphing strategies.

Back