TONS of Books for $3 - $5

Tweelo

Tweelo

Hey all, I've just signed up on the site today, so stop me if somebody's already brought this up, but at Ollie's (the bargain store) they've got a ton of books right now, collections of 19th and 20th century masters including Skues and Theodore Gordon. The books are published right here in PA, too. Stackpole Books is located, I think, in Mechanicsburg.

I picked up a couple books for a friend and myself. At the Ollie's in Butler, they're selling between $3 and $5. I know of the Ollie's in New Castle (Lawrence Co.), Erie, Altoona, and one near Chambersburg. Definately take a look.

Also, check out the publisher: http://www.stackpolebooks.com/

Tweelo,
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Sounds like some good deals to be had.

Found some small books of collected wisdom from Gordon, Skues, and Halford at the Altoona Ollies today @ 3.99 each. Also, there were a couple of coffee table-type books there as well for 6.99 apiece. Since I have MacDonald's collected works of Gordon and have books by Skues and Halford, I managed to resist. I usually would have thrown my money at them.

I stopped at this place; find only Tying Furled Flies by K. Hanley (I already have one), no luck with Skues or Halford books.

Yes, thanks for the heads up. Me thinks I must look into this,I've gotten books at great prices there before. Much appreciated...

Back