The Masters on the Dry Fly

The_Sasquatch

The_Sasquatch

Just checked this book out of the library a few weeks back and finished it last night. I loved it. Anyone else read this work?

One of the most helpful articles was the one on fishing pocket water. I put several of those tactics into place this past weekend with some success.

I read it many years ago and, truthfully, don't remember it very well. I guess I should re-read it. As I racall, a variety of well-known fishermen each wrote chapters about various aspects of dry-fly fishing.

The Masters on the Dry Fly gives a ’taste’ of the authors and dry fly fishing a small resume.
My favor ones from the Michael Migel edit are Haig-Brown, Zern, Wright. I enjoyed almost every article from the book. The other authors like: Richards, Wulff, and Schwiebert have special shelves in my library and to feed the inane bookish side of me I acquired almost every book they “produced”.

As a compendium books I also enjoyed “Fishermen’s Bounty” edited by Nick Lyons, published by 1970. This is a more ample spectrum of stories from the world of angling.

Back