Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Spring Creek Strategies by Mike Heck

From SCPA
Glad you like it. I enjoyed working on it and loooking forward to start another. Found out that close to selling out the first edition.
Tear them up on the shrimp.
Mike

Posted on: 2011/1/7 10:22

From SCPA
Glad you like it. I enjoyed working on it and loooking forward to start another. Found out that close to selling out the first edition.
Tear them up on the shrimp.
Mike

Posted on: 2011/1/7 10:22

From Eastern PA
I believe you stated you had approval/funding/contract/whatever for a new book. What subject matter do you have in mind?

Posted on: 2011/1/7 12:45

From SCPA
jdaddy,
I took my publisher out fishing a few weeks back. Jay has several ideas for me and some of his other authors. As for me, it is a go on any good idea. I may be working on a fly pattern/how to fish them. Something way off my first book.

Mike

Posted on: 2011/1/7 13:27

From Altoona
I really like your patterns in Spring Creek Strategies, so I would love that book. Too many recipes have flies that are too "perfect." I like your patterns because they're rather simple and look very "buggy." You hooked me, so whatever your next book is, I'm definitely picking it up ASAP.

That's actually what I have a problem with most since I started tying is with all the different ways to tie a BWO, but not knowing which ones to use in certain situations. Were you considering your next book to be a more expanded version of the Mayfly/Caddis/Stonefly/etc chapters in your book?

Posted on: 2011/1/7 17:08

From SCPA
We are going to be going over some different ideas soon. Jay is very smart and I know we caan nail down another great informative book.
I've been focusing on chasing the elusive, possible extinct whitetail. I did seen nine of them yesturday. So there are a few out there. Beautiful day to be out.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 8:23

From Eastern PA
Mike,

I hope I am not out of line in suggesting that maybe you make a post on what anglers may want/need that is not being covered today. At a minimum you may obtain some good ideas to pass to the publisher for other projects.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 14:20

From SCPA
jdaddy,
Certianly not way out of line. It is a great idea, but don't want to step out of bounds on this site. I love this site and enjoy meeting you all as well as fishing with ya. Ii do hope to make a "Jam" this year.
I have so many ideas from the information I have gathered just from talking with anglers and reading some of the content here. Know we will knock another good book out. I love reaading and have a nice selection of books. There are many good ones out there and still after all these years some topics not touched on yet.
Mike

Posted on: 2011/1/14 15:25

From SEPA
Whomever you got to do your photographs in Spring Creek needs to do them again in this one.

Simply fantastic. I don't know where it was taken, but I believe its in the trico section.. You're in the stream, in what appears to be a park with a bench next to a little bridge.

Man, that's a great picture.

Posted on: 2011/1/14 16:33

From Eastern PA
Quote:

firandfeather wrote:
jdaddy,
Certianly not way out of line. It is a great idea, but don't want to step out of bounds on this site. I love this site and enjoy meeting you all as well as fishing with ya. Ii do hope to make a "Jam" this year.
I have so many ideas from the information I have gathered just from talking with anglers and reading some of the content here. Know we will knock another good book out. I love reaading and have a nice selection of books. There are many good ones out there and still after all these years some topics not touched on yet.
Mike

I call dibs on fishing with Mike at the Jam! In!

Posted on: 2011/1/14 18:02

From SEPA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:

He should charge you for the privledge... But, if he ever wants to fish the Monocacy for suckers, he can get in touch with me.

I won't even charge him.

Posted on: 2011/1/14 20:54

From Eastern PA
Quote:

gfen wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:

He should charge you for the privledge... But, if he ever wants to fish the Monocacy for suckers, he can get in touch with me.

I won't even charge him.

I have fished with him in the past, will fish with him in the future and I have called dibs! You r designated driver. You want to be on this team.

Posted on: 2011/1/14 22:56

I have fished with Mike on a few occasions and I can testify that he is a first class guide and knows the PA streams very well. He also has figured out what flies work and which ones don't on these streams that he has fished since he was a little boy. He knows where to go to have the best chance of success and he knows all the techniques needed at any given time of the year or day. You can't go wrong with Mike as your guide and as a source for flies and other fly fishing items.

Posted on: 3/19 11:15

From Lambertville
Welcome to the forum.

Posted on: 3/20 15:03

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com