Re: MUSKY COUNTRY-ZERO TO HERO TRAILER

From Johnstown, PA
1000 CASTS.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 7:21

From SEPA
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
gfen, you've outlined my observations very well. I too fit many different demographics and may be part of the "trend".

I grew up a blue collar guy fishing the mountains of PA...

And your story presents an entirely different mindset, which is pretty fascinating actually.

Your description of the new breed of fly anglers is spot on, as well. Its just interesting, to me, to witness the way the things seemingly have progressed 'til I jumped in, and the way its gone since then.

It would appear that the marketing which drives the sales of fly fishing equipment has definatly chosen not just a youth orientated bent, but one where a sort of homogenized punk rock yippy lifestyle is celebrated.

Things like Trout Bum Diaries just illustrate it to me, and it seems like there's a race to capture exactly what that puts forth, trying to romanticize things like Gierach's writing into a visual sense, for people who identify with Monster Energy Drink and the Subaru WRX over guys who drink Chockfull of Nuts and drove Travelalls.

Scripted Reality for the blog generation.

Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
My own personal trend somewhat mirrors that of the industry. I think the blue collar demographic has essentially died, it's not specific to the FF industry. Nonetheless, I still identify more with the old mountain hermit than the edgy yuppy, even if I have to admit I'm an edgy yuppie.

Has it died, or is it quietly fishing in the background, doing what's always been done.. Using the most effective equipment to do what they want to do, whether it means fishing bait on a fly rod or chucking spinners. I think those guys' numbers have decreased as they get caught up and "pick sides" in a battle no one wins, but overall I bet there's as many now as then, they just hide better because they're forced to buy the same sort of high end gear, or are priced out of the market and stick with spinning.

Also, I don't think the fact that you left the sticks, got a fancy degree and smrts and run around bustin' superscience makes you fall into the fauxpunk yippy crowd, just means you used the head you were given for something besides holding up a crash helmet.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 10:12

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Also, I don't think the fact that you left the sticks, got a fancy degree and smrts and run around bustin' superscience makes you fall into the fauxpunk yippy crowd, just means you used the head you were given for something besides holding up a crash helmet.

Well, thanks for that, it makes me feel better. But.... I did buy a Subaru. And I actually like it. Help me........

Posted on: 2011/3/9 14:07

Haha Wooow, all this from a fly fishing promo on musky. Too much time on your hands?

Posted on: 2011/3/30 15:57

From Eastern PA
Quote:

brianb wrote:
Haha Wooow, all this from a fly fishing promo on musky. Too much time on your hands?

Hey back off, you are just another educated hilljack like Pcray.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 16:27

Correction, I am from Eastern Pennsylvania therefore eliminating me from the hilljack category

Posted on: 2011/3/30 17:52

From SEPA
Quote:

brianb wrote:
Correction, I am from Eastern Pennsylvania therefore eliminating me from the hilljack category

The people and things I've seen in the Poconos will give anyone else in any other part of this state, and anywhere else, a serious run for its money.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 19:41

From Eastern PA
Quote:

brianb wrote:

Dip + Busch = Hilljack

Posted on: 2011/3/30 20:16

Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

brianb wrote:

Dip + Busch = Hilljack

Ladies and gentleman I give you a Duke mathematician.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 22:35

From Eastern PA
Quote:

brianb wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

brianb wrote:

Dip + Busch = Hilljack

Ladies and gentleman I give you a Duke mathematician.

Dip + Busch = Tenure at Dook

Sorry, for the continued hijack.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 23:04

From "THE VILLE"
Well now that we got the socioeconomic study of fly fishers understood. I would like to say that the musky country dvd is a very well put together film. But for you tech. head guys that want to get info on the sport patterns and how to this movie isn't for you. It's about 2 guys and there dog penny chasing muskies. My only grip is that they beeped the swearing.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 23:57
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From Delaware Co.
These are definitely your new age think they know it all college hippies I seen this trailer at the fly fishing film tour the sporting gentleman hosted two weeks ago

Posted on: 2011/4/5 21:51

From SEPA
Quote:

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
It's about 2 guys and there dog penny chasing muskies. My only grip is that they beeped the swearing.

So, its trout bum diaries with more teeth and a new range of equipment to sell?

Rad. Who sponsered it?

On that note, who sponsered trout bum diaries?

Posted on: 2011/4/5 22:35

From "THE VILLE"
This was selected for the fly fish film tour, which the tour is sponsered by patagonia. But it was put out by the 3rd year flyfisher studio. And directed by Robert Thompson.

And at the end of the video you didnt see brought to you by sims, orvis or any other procucts. they pitched no product or mentioned any.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 0:50
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From SEPA
Quote:

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
they pitched no product or mentioned any.

Call me jaded, but I find it hard to believe there's not one lingering shot of a Sage rod* in the golden hour of sunset, where the logo is just a bit too prominent to be a natural happenstance. The long, slow fade over the shoulder of our zero, or hero depending on point-in-time of our film, as he gives a steely-eyed smirk to the camera, the trademarked jacquard of Fishpond bold against the Deepwater Blue (tm) fabric. Cut to the late night, campfire tying session, ole Blue, the musky dog, laying there, soulful eyes looking up, flickering in the fire's light, around his muzzle lay several half-empty packages of Metz saddles, the slow panning shot follows ole Blue's gaze up to his master, the camera slowly, lazily, traces the clean lines of the Renzetti vise to the massive conglomeration of feathers and flash locked in its jaws, our hero's hand now in slow motion executing a whip finish, with the firelight reflected in the deep, lustreous handle of a Wasatch branded whip finisher.

...Skybay, I need a cinematographer. Afish, get Orvis on the line, I'm gonna need some not-actual-sponsership. Jdaddy, you're our plucky hero, Redsun your sidekick and Larissa takes the role of Ole Blue. Filming commences this summer.

CHUB BUM JOURNALS: Trash to Smash.

* - Mutable. Pick a vendor, pick an object.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 8:55

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com