Love of the Trout Vol 2 Is Out

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Available in Kindle format at Amazon.

http://www.workingwaterfront.com/articles/Love-Story-of-the-Trout-Volume-2-More-Award-Winning-Fly-Fishing-Stories/14185/

I did not read Vol 1. Anybody read it?

I read Vol. I, "In Hemingway's Meadow," and it was fine. I had previously read the stories in FR&R, but it was nice to read them again, all in one place.
I am going to place my order for "Love Story of the Trout," which is Vol II, as soon as I get off here.

RRT do you think I need to read Vol 1 before I read Vol II?

No, you don't. They are independent collections of short stories and essays that appeared in FR&R as entrants and winners in its Traver Writing Award Contest. You can read the 2nd volume, and if you like it, you'll probably want to read the first collection. I have read a number of bad fishing books, but I liked the first collection and am eagerly anticipating the second collection. And, I've already read these in FR&R, though I didn't remember all of the ones in Vol I. I guess this is kind of a long answer to your question.

Thanks. I'll order it for my kindle

I am now halfway through "Love Story..." and am really enjoying it. Though I only vaguely remember some of the stories, "Dead Man of Wendigo Brook" came right back to mind -- a pretty spooky fly-fishing tale. Even if the rest of the stories are duds (which I am sure they are not, this book is well worth its cover price. It is a wonderful collection of stories.

I finished it tonight, and there are no dud tales. I probably read it too quickly; I think if you read one story per sitting that it'd be the perfect way to read these stories. Though some are only obliquely related to fly-fishing, most do include some fly-fishing in them. They are not fly-fishing stories like those that Gierach pens, but they are interesting to read. Some will make you think, and others will make you laugh. If you like to read and have a few spare dollars, I think you will really enjoy this book.

Love of the Trout Vol 2 Is Out
Award Winning Fly Fishing Stories

They must be fine and well composed.
John Gierach introduction!
I order the copy in few clicks.
Any insights about Vol. I ?

Back