Little video clip...

sarce

sarce

Don't know how many streams this works on, but I have great luck on this little creek stripping woolly buggers just before sunset. Lots of hits just like this one. First time I have tried filming it. Best to watch it in HD.

Strike

I have been working on some other longer videos just as a fun project to do when I'm not loaded down with homework and stuff. Hope to have time to post one later.

Nice!

Good video.

Nice

Cool video. Did you land the fish?

I did, but barely. Thought I was gonna lose it in an undercut but it was hooked really well and eventually came free. It was ~14" (wild brown).

There is no fish in there…stay away

That works early in the morning too.

Haha Brian they must have you on some intense pain meds ;-)

I did say I'd stay away from there for ya, that promise didn't even last the weekend!

Tulenkot, I wouldn't know. Too lazy to fish mornings.

This hole looks strangely familiar......

Sup 'mart?!?! Hey so those waders of yours that I've been borrowing. May or may not have peed in them today. Sorry dude it was a big fish.

Looks like Slab Cabin Run. Try Buffalo Run too. Similar size, but more water/depth.

^far more posted property on Buffalo though. Fished it once and caught a couple nice browns up to 12".

If you like limestoners of that size, then you may also like Lick Rn outside of Howard and what I think is called Jacksonville Rn, which I think is crossed by Jacksonville Rd not far from Howard.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out. Never heard of Jacksonville run. I love small streams, limestone or not, although lately I've been on a kick trying to find big browns in rivers.

Sarce,
Scratch that Jacksonville Rn tip. I may have given you some bad "gouge" as they say in the Navy. The stream that I was thinking about may be Nittany Ck down where I -80 and Jacksonville Rd cross. It has been a long time since I have been over there, but the stream always looked interesting. Lick is not far from there if you find that my info on Nittany is bad.

Both Nittany Creek and Lick Run fish well. Since we are posting all of the little known limestone fisheries in Centre County for the anonymous visitors, add Cedar Run and Halfmoon Creek to the list.

Post up info on the small lesser known limestone streams in the SE part of the state, Lehigh Valley, etc.

Sarce,
I understand your comment about posting on Buffalo Run. As always, I recommend that you seek landowner permission whether any of these streams are posted or not. My general experiences have been that some landowners allow fishing despite their posting and they just want to know who is on their properties. Of course, there are others at the other end of the spectrum as well. As is said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

These valley limestoners in rapidly developing regions need all of the friends that they can get, and whether they are fly anglers, C&R Anglers, bait anglers, harvesters, or "anonymous" should not be of concern. The more important thing is that they have their defenders...the more the better. Such streams rarely attract much use or attention until it is too late. In the long run, anglers' hiding them is counterproductive. Unfortunately, I see parts of Centre County where I lived following the footsteps of SE Pa, where the small limestoners did not make out very well in the agricultural areas or in the rush for economic development.

Back