Joe & Me

S

SmokinJoe

Just read Joe & Me by James Prosek. I thought it was a good read.
A story about an old codger patrolman taking a young kid under his wing. We should have more Joe's in this world!!!

Prosec is one of my favorite reads , and Joe and Me was one of the best yet. Gotta love his art too, my fave is the watercolor of the top view of a native brookie , alot of talent for such a young fella.

yeah Os,
I'm currently reading His Flyfishing the 41st. So far i like it. I recently met him at Lafayette College as part of their Posieden's Children series. He was interesting and funny. Wish I had more time. Would have loved to fish or have a beer with him over dinner. We'll let everyone know how I like it. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe , Flyfishing the 41st Paralell , was the first one of Prosec that i read , was a loaner from a friend , i thought it was great , The german guy that took him was interesting and also the painting of the steel salmon sculpture , i got framed , his artwork is very good too. I'm gonna read that one again someday after i read the rest of his stuff. So much talent for a young fellow , i would love to meet him , i'll bet it was great.

Bought 'Early Love and the Brook Trout ' for $5.00 at one of the bargain book stores in Cape May last summer. Prosek is as good a writer as he is an artist.

Isn't it weird how that girl Whitney pops up in Fishing the 41st? Obviously those two have a special bond. That's quite the water colour of her at the end of Early Love & Brook Trout. As little as it has to do with fly fishing it is a great story.

To anyone who has intertwined travel & romance w/ fishing Prosek is a must-read.

Back