Gierach's newest

renegade

renegade

"No Shortage of Good Days." comes out May 17th in case anyone is as excited as I am. I've always loved his novels and have pretty much read everything he publishes. If anyone is interested I'm sure its going to be a great read.

Cool.

More of the short story formula, I assume?

http://www.amazon.com/Shortage-Good-Days-John-Gierach/dp/0743291751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303929180&sr=8-1

Hope to get a few chapters in at the Barnes and Noble.

Don't know how that store/model makes any money when you can actually read the books and magazines in the stores while your sipping your coffee.

Check out Nick Lyons book at B&N
$9.95 in the discount area.

It actually was released on the 6th, not the 17th. I just picked it up at B&N in Willow Grove. $24.99! ripoff, but hopefully well worth it.

Can’t go wrong with the Gierach
I got every single one

^^ Yep, gott'em all cept Fools Paradise and this latest one.

The bard of fly fishing. Love droll.

Just finished "No Shortage..." and found it to be a typically enjoyable Gierach read, maybe not quite as much actual fishing as some of his other books, and I have read some of these stories in magazines, but it is a pleasure to read mostly fishing stories. I think that's why we like Gierach: he writes fishing stories, not tales of personal angst wrapped around a fishing adventure. Anyhow, this is a good book, and I encourage you to add it to your bookshelf. (We need to encourage Gierach financially to continue to write by buying his books.)

I finally got through it as well. It was a good read, but not overly amazing. I guess I'll put it this way. If you've only read one of his other books or never touched a Geirach book, you'll love it.

If you've read everything else he's written, you'll still enjoy it, but it wont be one of those books that you wont be able to put down. Nothing new and ground breaking, just the same old fishing stories and him stressing his love for coffee.

I found the chapter on "Cheating" to be entertaining and informative.

I think girach is the best aurthor, and I have read and own ever book that he has written and have 5 that are autographed. There is only one book I don't have and that would be his very first book (signs of life). If you can find one they start out around 250.00. Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good book, agree with the others, nothing more special than the others but it remains enjoyable nonetheless.

You can read chapters of the latest Gierach’s No Shortage of Good Days in any order and always find something fresh or more reflective regardless your dissect memory
(associate with coho hookups and blackouts).
Start the reading Atlantic Salmon – chapter, @103 page and feel better about your recent trips to DSL pools on Salmon River.

Iclight0 ;

You are not the only one fishing for Signs of Life
I may lend you a copy but this can cost you to burn some sweetest spots…

Attachments

• Gierach1.jpg
    Gierach1.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 2
Back