Finally!-The Vanishing Trout (Lose)

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I guess I'm like a kid with fishing sometimes. But, I finally got my new 1993 edition of The Vanishing Trout (Lose), and I'm psyched! For a long while I've been telling myself that I have to read that book. I even paid extra for 2 day delivery. Yea, that's the kid in me. :-D

I meant to put this in the Readers Corner.

Enjoy the read. I hope you don't object to me editing your title. Though there is no required title format here, since I had to move this for you, I thought I would amend the title line to reflect the book you were writing about. Seems like a good deal to put that in the title.

The Vanishing Trout is a wonderful look back at n/c PA. I'm about due to re-read it, though I envy you your first time through it. It is a fishing book about fishing, unlike many of the modern so-called fishing books that are filled with personal angst. I really hope you enjoy reading it.

Thanks for the help Jack. That's perfect. And thanks to you also rrt. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

I've been wanting to read this book for quite a while now also
But the prices I've been seeing for it are riduculous
I'll have to see if our library has it

Dryflyguy, I think you can order "The Vanishing Trout" from "Flyfishers" fly shop in State College. That's where I got my copy. If I remember it was about $20. Give them a call. They should have at least one or two copies on hand. Good luck.

Thanks Tiger

The last I knew, that book was long out of print.
And listed for like $100 to $200 on e-bay.
If I don't find it at the library, I'll checkout FFP

dryflyguy, I checked FFP 2010 catalog yesterday to see if they still listed "The Vanishing Trout". I'm sorry to say they do not. Good luck in your search it's an excellent read. I guess I better get my copy into a safe deposit box at a bank LOL.

DFG- they have it at the Carnegie Library in Oakland but you can not take the book out. Bet I have checked out 50 flyfishing books from there. Good luck.

http://catalog.einetwork.net/search/t?The%20Vanishing%20Trout&searchscope=1

The book is still around and at normal prices. You can find them at:

Ottos Bookstore, Williamsport. 570-326-5764

I just talked to them on the phone and they have 4 copies left. At $19.95 per copy. These are new copies of the 1990s reprint, a hardbound edition with a red cover.

Ottos has a large section of books about PA history etc.

flyer1BookBurning.gif
!!!!

Back