Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: FFM -- current issue

From Eastern PA
Well Drake has that in spades. Pretty stuff.

Posted on: 2010/10/17 21:40

I finished it, and, geez, I kind of enjoyed it, even at my age. Sure, there was lots of eye candy and maybe it strayed from my favorite troutlings, but the fishers seemed to have fun. It may not replace AA (when it's good) or Fr&R as my favorites, but I enjoyed the mag. It's certainly better than the present version of FFM, IMO, and I say that, kind of wistfully, after having subscribed to FFM for longer than many of you young lions have been alive. I even laughed out loud a couple of times at stuff in The Drake, and I can't remember the last time I laughed b/c of something in FFM. It contains only a small bit of k/t and a little how-to, but it does seem to point to the flyfishing adventure and fun of the sport. The Drake fits a nice niche, at least for me right now.
(Sorry so long)

Posted on: 2010/10/17 22:24

From Toona
RRT- I have several older issues of the Drake, you could borrow if you'd like. The reason I took such a liking to it had a lot to do with an acticle I read in the first issue I ever bought. It was only about a page long, but whoever wrote it completely bashed the Beav and his company. It was great. It focused on him trying to by a section of a famous Colorado river (which he then tried to sell for twice what he had just paid), the Yampa, I think. I could try to photocory the article for you if you would like. Or if you wanted to I would give you my old copies, except for that first one, in exchange for a copy of "The Trout at the Walnut Tree"? Let me know what you think.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 10:15

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
59 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com