Youtube Casting Question

D

deepbluefisher

Hi all,

I'm interest in learning how to fly fish, been saltwater fishing for the past few years. I ran into this video while looking at fly fishing on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m2ZV1q5fvQ

Do any of ya'll how or where I can get more information on how to do the cast at 48 seconds in the video?

Thanks

Are you sure you wanted episode 3 which came up for me?

I think that's a "Belgian cast."

gfen wrote:
I think that's a "Belgian cast."

I think it's just a guy tying a crap load of wind knots.

lol great loops!

Yup episode three, but I asked around other forums and they said it was a "false cast". Thanks anways!

false casting is the repeated back and forth, whether it be to extend the cast by shooting line on each stroke, to dry your fly, or to try and impress passers' by.

that sort of weird rounded moition is what i think is a "belgian cast."

gfen wrote:

false casting is the repeated back and forth, whether it be to extend the cast by shooting line on each stroke, to dry your fly, or to try and impress passers' by.

that sort of weird rounded moition is what i think is a "belgian cast."

Interesting casting tool ya got there, Sunshine. There's a lot safer ways to teach the double haul. :cool:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Interesting casting tool ya got there, Sunshine. There's a lot safer ways to teach the double haul. :cool:

Don't look at me, I'm selling my stuff and pursuing my new hobby of sloth.

gfen wrote:
I'm selling my stuff....

Is that legal? :lol:

BTW - That reel part is in my truck. How am I supposed to get it to you? Must I buy you lunch, too?

Look, I was willing to drive to the LL, its not my fault you picked a bad weekend.

We'll have to meet up. I'll probably come by the other LL when you're there, then I can goto the bookstore and treat it like a library.

edit, evne with my aversion to internet video, i love that guy. "you big boy, eat vegetable!"

jdaddy wrote:
Other forums say falsecast. Shut it.

Other forums don't got me, babydoll.

Back