whip em out

flipnfly

flipnfly

those of you that are ready for the jam lets whip out they fly boxes and see how ready you are heres mine now lets see yours

feel free to comment except for organizational skills

Attachments

• meat box.jpg
    meat box.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
  • nymphneggs.jpg
    nymphneggs.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice!

Nice ties flip, looks like you've been spending some quality time at the bench. You're set.

This is gonna be the "hot fly", and you only have one. How am I gonna mooch one if you only have that one? Don't make me pull a "sandfly" on ya....

Get back to work. :-D

Attachments

• Nelloflies1.JPG
    Nelloflies1.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
Looking good Nello! I'm partial to the blue flies myself...

Getting there.

Attachments

• P1160036.JPG
    P1160036.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 1
  • P1160038.JPG
    P1160038.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 1
Probably only use less than 10 patterns all weakened. Different flies but same patterns. For what it is worth, Tuesday only used 2, no 3 patterns all day but used a dozen flies on 5 landed, three lost, and 4 missed.

mrflyfish wrote:
Probably only use less than 10 patterns all weakened. Different flies but same patterns. For what it is worth, Tuesday only used 2, no 3 patterns all day but used a dozen flies on 5 landed, three lost, and 4 missed.

uhhhhhhhh....would you like to tell us what those three patterns were?

I'm still tying. Eggs/sucker spawn/crystal meth all done. Now it's on to buggers and shiner patterns. Tomorrow looks like a good day to stay inside and plug away!

jdaddy wrote:
Getting there.

JDaddy: What's that pink fishing bobber doing in your fly box? Violation. Bobbers are for cane poles IMHO.

Nice, keep posting so I can find out the best guy to try to fish near.

JDaddy: What's that pink fishing bobber doing in your fly box? Violation. Bobbers are for cane poles IMHO.

Said by someone with how much steelhead experience?

Are you taking this to the Jam to keep your beer cold?

Attachments

• Bobber.jpg
    Bobber.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
You don't want to be intimidated by my box. My eggs are bigger and my box is fuller than yours.......

Jdaddy,

that peach ss is gonna smack fish...

You don't want to be intimidated by my box. My eggs are bigger and my box is fuller than yours.......

Ya, but my fly box is a Glock handgun case.

1-small white and peach glow bug
2-very small root beer estez nuclear egg
3-the stone that I tied for the swap

BTW,someone was telling me about a steelhead fly that is just estaz wrapped around a hook.true?

shakey wrote:
BTW,someone was telling me about a steelhead fly that is just estaz wrapped around a hook.true?

Remember that huge brown I caught last year?

You now know what I used. :) 5-6 wraps of estaz on an egg hook. No need for anything else.

Back