Warm Water Insurgents!!

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

I think i just unofficially became a member over the weekend. Wondering when my induction ceremony will happen? LOL

I hit up Glendale Lake in Cambria county over the weekend. I was fishing the spill way with nymphs and a tiny scud i tied. I was catching bluegills every cast. It was a lot of fun and i was surprised at the fight some of these guys can put up. They have a burst of energy for the first 30 second of the fight that can even peel drag.

I even managed to catch a few crappies on nymphs.

The neatest thing was catching a 10" bass on a size 14 beadhead nymph. Never thought that would happen but i was sure surprised and didnt know what i had on the end of my line. Going from 4"-9" bluegills to a 10" bass tearing line. I thought i had on a monster sunny at first. I tried to get a pic but the bass kept flopping all over and being he wasnt legal i quickly threw him back.LOL

This was a lot of fun and i may start tying up some bass flies and try them out because my favorite and most productive stream feels like a bathtub. The water temps are so high. I can still see a ton of trout but when i caught one and it took 15 min to revive him i knew that it was not worth stressing the fish and thus my trout season is postponed until fall. Oh well archery and warm water fishing should keep me busy but it is still not the same as trout fishing.

WWI unit. I am surprised you guys dont have a WWI JAM!

You need to look before you leap Mike....

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14456&forum=11

wait till you start catching large bass on poppers.. we all know its fun to watch a trout sip a dry fly but watching the water explode all around your popper and it disappears in splashy mess. that's a whole new world.

Back