Visit to Erie Zoo - i mean TRIBS

mcfinn

mcfinn

Was home in Erie this past week where the tribs were low and clear - until today. One can readily land several fish every day on the water - which i did, but more broke off than i care to admit... Took a couple lame fall/fish pics as proof.
Steelhead were dispersing well despite the low h2o levels in the West Erie tribs we fished (Turkey and Conneaut Creeks, Godfrey Run, and of course Elk). Only fished a little on the east side (at Glenoda/Mt St Benedict). It was Walnut Creek that seemed particularly loaded w/fish for this early in the season. Saw ALOT more lake run browns in there than usual, too. Some of which were big. Scarily big. Reports of the 'year of the lake run brown in erie' are no joke.
And speaking of big and loaded, the ten man per square inch 'Zoo-Factor' was also unusually heavy, but a little walking goes a long way toward some alone time.
Loads of wind and rain called for this week should clear out the leaves as well. Seems like a mucho good year shaping up in Erie for those headed up to the Jam in a couple weeks...

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 10
  • walnutpair.jpg
    walnutpair.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 4
  • midnut.jpg
    midnut.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 4
  • lowWalnut.jpg
    lowWalnut.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 3
  • moreswirliness.jpg
    moreswirliness.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 4
That's one trip I'm eager to go on --and hesitant at the same time. I know I eventually will, probably next season, but I despise crowds.

It looks like you had nice weather, and you caught fish, so what else could you really ask for?

No complaints re: weather, or fishing, gochs. Just sayin' that for every spot on Erie's tribs that are choked with eager fishers, there's loads of space to go solo.

Back