Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

To Fish...or Not To Fish?

From Frederick, Md
Ok, to most of us this is a "very" dumb question. I have the day off tomorrow and planned to get out. With all this rain we already got , and continue to get...would it even be worth it?

I do enjoy fishing in the rain, but what's everyone's opinion on this little Nor'easter? Frederick, Md is getting dumped on as we speak.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 17:34

Re: To Fish...or Not To Fish?

From Da 'Berg, PA
absolutely !

have at it. the solitude and interaction with nature and the elements is untouched imho - perhaps second only to softly falling heavy snow (which i've never fished in).

if the water is up and dirty, fish the sides or up the tribs. the spring creeks shouldn't have moved much anyway.

i love fishing in the rain me. especially swinging wets spey style.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 17:46

I have a vacation day tomorrow as well dude... The rain came at a perfect time! Tied up some articulated streamers, and gonna be out there chuckin' some meat around the Cumberland Valley in the AM... At least if the freestone streams are blown out, I have the spring creeks to fall back on however... I say go for it man. Just might get yourself a slammer

Posted on: 2013/10/10 18:10

do it...this time of year is prime streamer time. If you don't usually fish them, this would be a good time to step up your game. Black or olive wooly bugger. Good luck

Posted on: 2013/10/10 19:20

From Ferguson Twp.
Go ahead and take some flies for a swim. It'll get clouded up a little and let you get a little closer on those streams that have been low, clear and tough to nymph. Any day on a stream is a good day, especially with a rod in your hand. Unless of coarse it's torrential.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 19:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com