The new site

Dave, I took the liberty of copying and pasting the fly swap thread from the old board. Do you have a plan to migrate threads or posts from the old board or would it be OK if we move some of the stuff ourselves to jumpstart thing here?

PS, are we no longer going to be able to edit our posts as ooon the old new board? Also, so far, even though my profile is set to display "newest first" on the flat mode, when I open threads, I still need to drop down and set newest first, otherwise it does the opposite.

Jack,

If you can move over the Fly Swap items that would be great!! I am still working on much of the framework and some basic content.

If anyone wants to add back posts please do so.

Thanks a lot!
:)
Dave

Jack,

I think I can change the "Edit" option for the posts. I will have to look into the Newest First and Flat options.

Dave

It's nice to be able to post again. I like the New Members and Who's Online on the left side. Doing a great job getting the site back up again. You can edit your post as soon as you submit it. I edit this one three times already. Also like the number indicating which post it is and noticed that when you put the pointer on the topic it give a brief description of the last post.

Dave

Looks good, Iam sure it will take me awhile to get used to, I'm not good with change. I like the idea that you can see what other members are on line, really like the color.

Thanks again, for all your hard work!

Paul

Good job

Thanks for your time and effort in getting the sight back up

Steve98

AAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!..........thanks for all the work Dave...

Thanks Dave for the upgrade of PAFF

Great job getting the site back up.

Great job! I'm glad to see PAFF back online! Thanks so much for your efforts.

Question though and by no means is this of any major concern. This is at least the 2nd time the site has been udpated since I've joined and I was just wondering if there are plans to migrate the old regristration dates?

Not a big deal either way, I'm just thankful the site is back up.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts involved in the upgrade! :-D

It's great that it is back up, but I'm pissed that I couldn't get on for about 2 weeks. All of my PM's were lost and someone was trying to contact me and couldn't and I had no way of reaching them.

I for one am glad that the old site is dead, good riddance, could'nt post on that site to save my life. That had to be some uncompatible software or something, it frustrated me. So I just browsed and lurked, kept-up with the going-on's within the forum as an outsider..................Glad that my foot is back in the door. :-D

Oh, boy.

Haven't been to this site in a while.

After 6 attempts at Fort Knox, finally got registered.

Very hard to post here. Very hard to figure out where you need to go if you want to post.

Just my opinion, but very hard to navigate this site, not user friendly. May actually post here if I figure it out.

K.I.S.S. (applies in this case).

Maybe it is my PSU B.S. degree. May have to go back and get my PHD before I can figure out this site.

I liked the original format. The changes that occurred since, only made it harder to get on here/follow the threads, and post.

Sounds like the same IT geniuses from where I work now contributed to this site. Take a working, user friendly process, then keep applying more and more changes and computer steps to this easy process (to confuse the existing users and make it even harder for the newer users) , a process that was much easier done prior.

Oh, the price of progress.

WVbyGodviaPA,

I look forward to everyone's idea on how we can improve the site. I hear you don't like things, but what are some your suggestions on making it better? Please feel free to add any ideas or suggestions to the Site and Forums Comments Forum.

Please look at some of my earlier post on why I had to change the site. It may explain what happened. I'll post a sticky at the top with some details later tonight.

Dave

Chaz,

This was all part of my master plan to get you more riled up :)

Glad you found your way back on. We thought you got lost!

Dave

Yeah I made it back.
Make it faster, I've got a cable modem and it's slow for me, I suspect the size of the image files are too large. Whatever it is that makes it slow it is probably related to graphics.
PLease add back the little drop down that allows you to navigate to the other message boards.

Very nicely done! Many new and good features. It is great to have ya'll back.

Dot

Back