testing the drone

SlingerFlyRods

SlingerFlyRods

Tested out the dji phantom with go pro hero3. Also some stills attached with my cell phone. This was a test run. I was nervous flying with the camera attached around the trees, and around the water.
Hope you like it.

North Mountain Media Spring 2014 Promo: http://youtu.be/7VymLkDayZ0

That is really, really cool. I want a drone now. Tomorrow I want to try floating my gopro face down thru a pool with a few brookies in it. Might make for a cool shot! Maybe I'll dangle a line with a few split shot and a nymph with the hook cut off.

Looks like a lot of fun will be had

Yep that's the bridge on YWC. I'll be up there again with the drone on friday. My cabin is in sinnemahoning. Family grew up around the Renova area. Can't wait to get more film

Sarce- attach it to a piece of pool floater and attach a rope to the floatie, so you can control the speed it goes downstream. I intend on trying it this summer :)

That's great. How low were you willing to take the drone over the water? You'll gonna have to share more of these.

Thanks for the tip SFR. I have the "floaty backdoor" attachment and I was thinking just toss it into the head of the pool and let it drift back to me. If I can plunk it far enough from the fish it shouldn't spook them. We'll see how it goes.

Dkile I had the gopro. Set on wide angle fish eye. At the lowest point I was prob 6 to 7 feet above the water. I will be more confident as I fly it more.. I noticed the closer I got to the faster riffle section the more it started pulling the drone down towards the water.

Sarce even better...that would be cool to see fish hitting the fly

I will have more video.. hopefully it warms up or we catch a good BWO hatch this coming weekend and I can film someone backcasting a dry and even some hookups

Just be careful flying that too close to the surface in late May on Penns as a fish might mistake it for a green drake. :cool:

I recommend getting photos of anglers you know, or get permission first.

Don't fly it close to people you don't know, without getting their permission first.

How was the fishing on YWC?

What kind of Drone plane or chopper?

BradFromPotter wrote:
troutbert wrote:
I recommend getting photos of anglers you know, or get permission first.

Do you legally have to have permission?

I don't know.

In general, if you and the subject are in a public place such as a public street or stream, it's legal. If you're taking a photo of a single individual, it's best to be polite and ask permission.

It gets complicated if the person is in a private place and/or the photo is to be used for commercial purposes.

For those of you without drones, here is a video of a hot air balloon or a simple kite camera mount made by the UVA scholars lab. Pretty neat way to get aerial pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYilJ3kDLuI

Back