Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Team USA northeast regional qualifier

From lancaster
I got a phone call last night from a coach on this team and he asked me to help out judging the competition in march on penns creek. First off I never even considered myself to be even remotely good enough to get involved in this. What all is involved with this team? I have never though much about it because I though it was way out of my league. Whats everyone thoughts on getting involved with them. I have tought numbers of people to flyfish and always will. Just worried that the kids I will be with know more about it than I do.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 9:57

Re: Team USA northeast regional qualifier

From Philadelphia
Can't help you in answering your question but I was wondering if you knew where and when on Penn's?

Posted on: 2012/2/16 10:00

From lancaster
its march 10th and 11th in coburn

Posted on: 2012/2/16 10:27

From Philadelphia
Thanks. That could be interesting water conditions. They had the adult competition there a few October's back.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 10:36

From Jersey Shore, PA
Having been heavily involved with the team as an instructor and also with the organization it isn't something that you should feel uncomfortable about. If you would be involved as a controller or a sector judge you would be guided by the fips-mousche rules. All you would be doing is ensuring all of the rules are followed. It isn't difficult at all. It would be good experience.

Dave R.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 10:46

I volunteered last year and am again this year. I will be on the Spring Creek Section in Benner Springs. All you have to do is like Dave said. Make sure the rules are being followed which is not hard it's not like there are a bunch of crazy rules. And you also will be measuring each fish caught by the competitor and ensuring it is not foul hooked and barbless hook. It is a good time. At the very least it is nice to watch these guys fish. Most are VERY good fisherman and its amazing the fish they catch and you would be surprised at some of the really general and/or colorful patterns they use. Most of the guys are really nice too and are very appreciative of you volunteering and some of them will give you a few flies to try or some leaders or other trinkets.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 11:34

From "THE VILLE"
Hey td55 I'm in the Brenner section too. I'll se ya there

Posted on: 2012/2/16 11:56
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From lancaster
Thanks guys...I am excited to see these kids fish....It seems on the trips i make to spring every year i always run into them.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 12:52

From Philadelphia
I feel bad, I asked questions and you answered them but I never said congrats that you were asked. Congrats!

Let us know how hard it was to watch them catch fish and you weren;t able to fish.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 12:58

From "THE VILLE"
I jumped at the chance to be a controler because I wanna learn and you do that buy being around good fisherman. Thats what your doin at the the competion.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 13:04
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

Hey Guys and Gals. The Ne Regional qualifier is a great event that is one of many held in the US. There is a great group of anglers there and its allot of fun. Helping out as a controller is a great way to learn new techniques and meet new people. Its very easy do. There is actually a controller training video on the America Cup Fly fishing web site. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me and if your interested in coming out as a controller I can put you in touch with the person running the event. The venues will be Penns at Coburn, Big fishing creek at the narrows and Spring creek at Benner.
Thanks Sean crocker

Posted on: 2012/2/16 13:27

From Central Pa
I was invited as a judge at the Coburn section. I am really excited about it. From what I understand, it is not the youth team, but Team USA northeast regional qualifier. This will be new for me but really can't wait to see the guys fish and hopefully meet some new fisherman. I hope the weather and water level cooperates for them.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 17:25

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I will be a controller on Big Fishing Creek.

Posted on: 2012/2/16 17:53

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Brookville, PA
Looking forward to competing in this one. It is really nice to see some guys really looking forward to helping out.

Posted on: 2012/2/17 13:41

I would like to thank all who helped out with the Ne Regional. A special thanks to Jimmy for following me around in the water on Penns creek during my FROZEN morning session. You guys were great and we couldnt do this stuff without you.
Thanks again
Sean Crocker

Posted on: 2012/3/14 11:59

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com