Stocktoberfest Who Is In?

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

I know about the "event" thread but I need to know how many donuts to buy.

Include details or link to details.

90% of the readers of this thread have no idea who, what, where, when, why. The other 10%, like me, have forgotten.

I think I'm coming. I cleared it w/ the wifey. It was iffy there for a few days, she was having pre-term labor (scary...she's only 30 weeks, so if you're the praying type, please keep us in mind!), but things have settled down now so I think I'm in!
Andy

jayL wrote:
Include details or link to details.

90% of the readers of this thread have no idea who, what, where, when, why. The other 10%, like me, have forgotten.

Jay I will insert the particulars later but it is White Clay Creek October 15th. The middle branch is being stocked on the 12th.

Stopped by the WC this morning while out Quilt store shopping with my wife. It looks great and I plan to fish tomorrow before the Birds play. I'll post a stream report if I fish it tomorrow.

whiteclaycreek_fishing_wide.jpg

be there or be square
"Cecil County dragway".
Big daddy Don Garlets
etc.
Well,actually Chester co. but bring back memories.

I vote for a change of location . If were going to fish for stoickies I want to go to a place were they just don't dump two buckets at the nearest bridge .

...............................................Just saying>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wont be there but i will be getting out for some stockies as soon as the hit the water.

What county is white clay creek in. I can't find it on the stocking list.

Chester County

Seriously though the place is nice but there was fish in two holes in the whole DH section more smallies were caught than trout .

Not that Ridley needs more pressure but it would be a better location with a fly shop close by http://sportinggentleman.com/ and pinnochios with there beer garden http://pinpizza.com/beer.asp

I guarantee that there will be plenty of fish

i am fine with either place.

beer does seem to win out... in my mind......

Fred are you thinking the parking lot at Colonial Plantation?

do they actually put fish in anywhere with fall stockings?

i think catching fish has very little to do with meet ups,haha.

HOWEVER,ridley is much closer to me!

Let's put it to a vote but remember the beer police at Ridley are omniprescent.

fadeaway263 wrote:
Let's put it to a vote but remember the beer police at Ridley are omniprescent.

Given that it's not legal to drink in any of them, I'd suggest everyone going to a good local bar or something. Standing in a parking lot drinking beer for an hour . . . imo.

I vote Ridley, but I am not coming. However, I want to help Fred, because he wants it at Ridley.

Here is a map of the fly stretch we stage at the lower P.
http://sportinggentleman.com/streaminformation/ridleycreek.html
You can fish up or down stream beer and fly shop are a 5 minute drive away . Most of the fish are stocked from this spot up to Gradyville road they stock the stream on the 6. If people are interested in going to the fly shop I might be able to arrange it so they open earlier for us . as far as the rangers we will see just as many as WC. There will be less of some scenery but more of the type you see on the lil Lehigh .

LL Scenery is usually pretty good.

Back