Some things are worth sharing

PatrickC

PatrickC

My buddy and I hit one of our favorite PA native brookie streams yesterday. We were very pleased with the conditions of the stream for late August. We've always caught fish on this stream, but it is classified as a low biomass brookie stream. On this day we caught the most fish we have ever caught and 2 of the larger native brookies we have ever caught in PA.

Anyway, they were truly spectacular fish and I know you will appreciate them.

Attachments

• 1176135_515926095154045_11239796_n.jpg
    1176135_515926095154045_11239796_n.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1240527_515926238487364_1140902402_n.jpg
    1240527_515926238487364_1140902402_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
Great fish Patrick.

I would say the fish are having a good year. They look especially healthy and well-fed.

My brother would still consider them "dinks," but I, and many other mountain brookie anglers, would call them "monsters."

I love the way those two fish look.

Thanks for sharing man.

Congrats on a great day!

Nice fruit...big and ripe, but not harvested, good thing.

When ripe fruit is not harvested, it rots on the proverbial vine.

http://www.amazon.com/Rot-Vine-Many-Faces-Religion/dp/0963355228

Very Nice!

JackM wrote:
When ripe fruit is not harvested, it rots on the proverbial vine.

http://www.amazon.com/Rot-Vine-Many-Faces-Religion/dp/0963355228

You didn't read further into His teachings:

....falls to the ground and is composed back into the earth...regenerating life.

[d]MOhatMO Gandhi[/d]

Strike that, I believe it was AldMO Leopold that said that.

that's definitely worth sharing. What stream? jk man, nice fish. Did you measure that first one?

Very nice.

afishinado wrote:

Congrats on a great day!

Nice fruit...big and ripe, but not harvested, good thing.

No worries there. NOT harvested ;-)

Thanks for sharing Patrick. Great fish!

evw659 wrote:
that's definitely worth sharing. What stream? jk man, nice fish. Did you measure that first one?

37.65883 x 46.86784 B-)

The 1st fish was right @ 10". The 2nd troot was just shy of 10". Those are 2 different sets of hands in the pics. My buddy caught the 1st fish. I caught the 2nd. The 1st fish had some serious girth.

Patrick wrote
37.65883 x 46.86784 B-)

Somewhere near where the Titanic went down if I'm not mistaken...

Attachments

• Coordiantes.JPG
    Coordiantes.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1
Ha! That's funny. One, that you checked them and two, that I totally made them up. If I were going to choose to specific coordinates to send someone on a wild goose chase...those would be about right.

Nice fish!

Great fish... thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get out tomorriw if I can swing it.

Stolen from a poster on the Wvangler forum: "Gods most beautiful fish."

Both males and both in great shape for the upcoming spawn. Nice catches.

Beautiful - some very nice motivation going into the autumn months. It's been a few months since I've chased brookies but the time of year to be in the big woods is coming up.

These two fish are really fine examples of the physical characteristics and coloration of old, very large wild brookies in PA. Both, esp the upper fish, have a fairly large spread of purple over the head and upper gill cover which is common. Also, both reveal faint but discernible parr marks. Folks will tell you that parr marks indicate juvenile fish and this is, of course, common, but wild brookies often retain parr marks all their life.

Back