Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Some things are worth sharing

From NE OH
Ha! That's funny. One, that you checked them and two, that I totally made them up. If I were going to choose to specific coordinates to send someone on a wild goose chase...those would be about right.

Posted on: 2013/9/1 13:44

Nice fish!

Posted on: 2013/9/1 15:07
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Ohio
Great fish... thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get out tomorriw if I can swing it.

Posted on: 2013/9/1 15:48

From Harrisburg
Stolen from a poster on the Wvangler forum: "Gods most beautiful fish."

Both males and both in great shape for the upcoming spawn. Nice catches.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 6:24

From Gettysburg
Beautiful - some very nice motivation going into the autumn months. It's been a few months since I've chased brookies but the time of year to be in the big woods is coming up.

These two fish are really fine examples of the physical characteristics and coloration of old, very large wild brookies in PA. Both, esp the upper fish, have a fairly large spread of purple over the head and upper gill cover which is common. Also, both reveal faint but discernible parr marks. Folks will tell you that parr marks indicate juvenile fish and this is, of course, common, but wild brookies often retain parr marks all their life.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 8:06

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

albatross wrote:
Patrick wrote Quote:
37.65883 x 46.86784 B-)

Somewhere near where the Titanic went down if I'm not mistaken...

No wonder they are so big... they're salters!

Posted on: 2013/9/2 8:25

From NE OH
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
Beautiful - some very nice motivation going into the autumn months. It's been a few months since I've chased brookies but the time of year to be in the big woods is coming up.

These two fish are really fine examples of the physical characteristics and coloration of old, very large wild brookies in PA. Both, esp the upper fish, have a fairly large spread of purple over the head and upper gill cover which is common. Also, both reveal faint but discernible parr marks. Folks will tell you that parr marks indicate juvenile fish and this is, of course, common, but wild brookies often retain parr marks all their life.

As you know, photos never do them justice. Both of them had hints of that teal and turquoise you see in Arctic char.

Someday I'll draw up my own minds-eye rendition of a brook trout and paint it with water colors. It will be criticized by many as not being accurate...but it will depict my memories for when my body no longer allows me to traverse the terrain in which these little char thrive.

Posted on: 2013/9/2 9:02

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

PatrickC wrote:
Ha! That's funny. One, that you checked them and two, that I totally made them up. If I were going to choose to specific coordinates to send someone on a wild goose chase...those would be about right.

It would be even funnier if he had looked it up.

Northern Iran.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 16:01

From NE OH
It cracks me up even more that you needed to verify them I take it you have some knowledge of GPS coordinates and knew about where they were at 1st glance? Obviously, I have yet to look them up.

BTW, on the topic of spot burning...I had a guy today give me some grief for saying Sproul State Forrest in a fishing conversation. I sure did not think mentioning an area with a ton of streams as spot burning. Now I'm wondering if it's ok to say I was fishing in PA?

Posted on: 2013/9/3 17:37

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I wouldn't have said a thing if you'd posted the true coordinates, but I may have made note of them. I did think it funny that your coordinates were in the middle of the north Atlantic.

Posted on: 2013/9/3 23:47

From NE OH
Quote:

albatross wrote:
I wouldn't have said a thing if you'd posted the true coordinates, but I may have made note of them. I did think it funny that your coordinates were in the middle of the north Atlantic.

What's interesting is that Dave and I both found the coordinates to be in northern Iran and you found them to be in the north Atlantic. I entered them into Google Maps. What program did you enter them into to get the northern Atlantic location?

Posted on: 2013/9/4 8:07

From Sugarloaf pa
Nice fish, they are beautiful! There is nothing better than fishin for natives in the mountains.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 8:12

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I used Google Maps with W37.65883 x N46.86784

You must have used N37.65883 x E46.86784

Posted on: 2013/9/4 8:15

From NE OH
It must default to N & E then, because I did not add any letters. Very interesting.

Posted on: 2013/9/4 8:27

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
108 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com