Slate and Cedar

SlumpBuster

SlumpBuster

Anyone been up on Slate and Cedar lately. Would like to head out there from college this weekend to do a little fishin. Would like to know how its lookin and if anything is goin on? Are the fish off thier redds yet?

I was up a week and a half ago and everything was high. It looks like everything is still high, at least Pine Creek is at 1590, which is borderline fishable according to some, though I wouldn't do it. As for the tributaries, if it doesn't rain again before the weekend they should be lookin good, but the browns will be spawning and that may affect the number of fish you catch. The brookies are done tough so that should give you plenty of fish available. Use big flies.

Do you think any would be lookin upwards or just stick to streamers?

The streams are in good shape, pine is fishable. I was out yesturday with nproblems, weather is getting colder again, this will put them down and fishing on top wont do..Try some stonefly nymphs, buggers, hares ear etc...there had been a few caddis during the warm spell but not now...I'm going out tomorrow near the house on pine saw quite a few fish at the mouth of march creek..

Back