HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Skeeters!
From Chester County
Insect Shield Clothing really works

Link to info: http://www.insectshield.com/ourTechnology/

I bought a hat because I liked it and it just happened to have insect shield treatment, which I forgot all about. The first time I wore the hat was when fishing on a stream that always seems to have gnats and other bothersome bugs in the spring and summer. I did not use any bug repellent that day. I fished for an hour or two without being bothered by bugs and sat down on the bank to have a drink. I took off my hat. In about 30 seconds, I had bugs swarming around me. I put on my hat and in about 30 seconds they seemed to disappear. I finally put 2 + 2 together and remembered the insect shield treatment on the hat. I really didn't believe it until I saw it in action. I really does work. IMHO.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 15:51

Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Insect Shield Clothing really works

Link to info: http://www.insectshield.com/ourTechnology/

I bought a hat because I liked it and it just happened to have insect shield treatment, which I forgot all about. The first time I wore the hat was when fishing on a stream that always seems to have gnats and other bothersome bugs in the spring and summer. I did not use any bug repellent that day. I fished for an hour or two without being bothered by bugs and sat down on the bank to have a drink. I took off my hat. In about 30 seconds, I had bugs swarming around me. I put on my hat and in about 30 seconds they seemed to disappear. I finally put 2 + 2 together and remembered the insect shield treatment on the hat. I really didn't believe it until I saw it in action. I really does work. IMHO.

Permithrin treated clothing always repels ticks like a charm, however, it is a pretty harsh chemical.

Check out some Geraniol studies on ticks and mosquitoes, very promising, and I personally know it works on both well.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10 ... 48-7134.2009.00002.x/full

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19839268

Posted on: 2013/5/7 19:03

From Wrightsville
It'll be Bounce dryer sheets for me.

I'd love to see if they work for bugs. They probably will.

Anybody who has a mouse problem think "dryer sheets".

Nothing better.

I've been trying to get the wife away from dryer sheets because of the way animals interact with them. Pretty nasty something in there.

Chances of that happening—Zero.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 23:43

It'll be Bounce dryer sheets for me.

I'd love to see if they work for bugs. They probably will.

"Anybody who has a mouse problem think "dryer sheets".

Nothing better.

I've been trying to get the wife away from dryer sheets because of the way animals interact with them. Pretty nasty something in there.

Chances of that happening—Zero."

What?

Posted on: 2013/5/8 2:24

From Johnstown, PA
An old fellow i knew who has passed on turned me on to Fennel , the wild variety that grows here in PA and is very easy to find. It's a weed really that is used as a spice when domesticated , we don't want that kind. For bugs we just want topick some of the tops of the fronds of the wild stuff and just rub it on the exposed parts , carry some in pockets stick some in your hat etc. Cigars work too.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 7:01

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com