Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: SEPA Guys, Who Can Guess This?

From Sinking Spring, PA
Quote:
Also, can you give me the place on Willow you fish all those brook trout out of, I'd like to get into some of that but I find the amount of effort those guys go through to be a bit off putting.

That part of the Willow has been posted by the landowner. For good reason I might add.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 15:37

From Barto PA
Luke, Thank you for understanding the intent of my posts. PASKIINGSUCKS, if you read my posts carefully and keep your temper under control, I'm sure you'll realize that I was not attacking you OR accusing you of spot burning. I was merely relating the story of what happened to this stream several years ago and was trying to be nice to you by giving you a heads up for future reference by telling you how most people on this forum feel about naming streams. I only did this because I saw you were new to the forum and was trying to save you from future criticism.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 19:11

From LV
Quote:

gfen wrote:
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Pay no attention to the spot burning complaints, they are just from guys who don't know how to catch fish even on a good stream.

Chaz, I asked you explicitly for best access spots on the WB in that other thread, but you seemed to have missed it.

Also, can you give me the place on Willow you fish all those brook trout out of, I'd like to get into some of that but I find the amount of effort those guys go through to be a bit off putting.

I thought I did answer your question.
As for Willow Creek I think the brookies I used to catch are just gone due to floods and pollution from the new development.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 22:47

From barto PA
Fair enough, guess we just got our sarcasm swords crossed a bit. No temper issues here. Fishing is fun, not important enough to get bent outta shape over. Thanks for the heads up though.

So is the guy I bumped into on the stream today on here??? Red truck, TU sticker on the back???

Posted on: 2013/5/15 16:33

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

RRR wrote:
Of course after all of this publicity it will probably get fished out again and require 4 or 5 years to recover.

Or, since this stream has been spot burned, somebody from 35 mile away might come up there (didn't fish) and fill 2 bags with trash taken from that camping/party spot at the rocks. Sometimes a stream needs a new friend.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1560 (Custom).JPG (50.04 KB)
2119_5193f0d2f0446.jpg 460X345 px

jpg  IMG_1558 (Custom).JPG (47.88 KB)
2119_5193f0e60164f.jpg 460X345 px

Posted on: 2013/5/15 16:35

From Bucks County or Bridgeville
Thank You WT2. My brothers, who live on the back side of the hill there, also take trash out on a regular basis. They also call the PGC when they see swimmers there. Was there many "stream improvements" there yet?

Chaz, has your group done any work in the SGL?

Posted on: 2013/5/15 17:35

Wildtrout, you went up there to collect trash but did not fish? You should have at least taken a few casts

Are the powers that be going to eliminate the stream reports section on here because its spot burning? Just curious since it all of the sudden seems like everyone is so worked up over it

Posted on: 2013/5/15 20:26

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

timmyt wrote:
Wildtrout, you went up there to collect trash but did not fish? You should have at least taken a few casts

I was really just checking out the stream and the posting situation, which seems to be considerable. I just pic trash when I encounter it. Sadly, what I saw (trash wise) just reminded me of why I fish more remote wild streams in the mountains. People are slobs.

Posted on: 2013/5/15 20:44

From barto PA
Hey there wildtrout, was that you in the red truck I pointed in the direction of the SGL?? Thanks for helpin out on my local stream, I really need to start carrying a little trash bag when I go out too. It really shows ya just how close to the major cities we are even up in the hills there. The amount of broken glass back there turns my stomach.

Did ya see that lean to someone built on the side of the rocks up there too??

Hope to get out and learn more/help out more with this conservation stuff. Just signed up as a TU member this morning.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 8:46

From LV
Yes PVTU has done a clean or 2 in the past on the SGL, but IMHO, the Game Commissions land is their responsiblity, they know what goes on there and choose to ignore it.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 10:04

From barto PA
You can call the game commission on people swimming there??

Learn something new everyday.

I'd be surprised if they even waste their time, in the heat of summer there are kids there pretty much every single day in the afternoon.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 10:11

From Da 'Berg, PA
in my experience, moving kids on is a zero sum game. i'd guess its not the swimming that's an issue, but the drinking, smoking, fires and trash...

i always carry a quart ziploc in the back of my fishing vest for glass, line and plastic bags.

as bad as people are on the rivers, the salt slobs are way worse especially on the rocks

Posted on: 2013/5/16 16:42

From Mont Co, Pa
[quote]
PASKIINGSUCKS wrote:
Hey there wildtrout, was that you in the red truck I pointed in the direction of the SGL?? Thanks for helpin out on my local stream, I really need to start carrying a little trash bag when I go out too. [quote]
Yes, that was me. I always carry a couple of those plastic handle bags in my day pack to cover the slobs.

Chaz, you're right, it is the responsibility of the Game Comm to keep the Game Lands in shape. But, realistically they can't be everywhere cleaning up behind everybody. That's where caring folks have to help out. jmo

Posted on: 2013/5/16 17:33

From chester ct
re "as bad as people are on the rivers, the salt slobs are way worse especially on the rocks"

what are "salt slobs"?

tl
les

Posted on: 2013/5/16 23:26

From LV
Quote:

PASKIINGSUCKS wrote:
You can call the game commission on people swimming there??

Learn something new everyday.

I'd be surprised if they even waste their time, in the heat of summer there are kids there pretty much every single day in the afternoon.

I didn't say that, though I may have been vague.What I meant was the Game Commissions responiblity is to police their game lands, they're not doing it, there is always trash there, the rocks get painted, and people are always partying there, they should be reported. they trash the place, that and people just driving by and tossing tires, garabge and trash out the winow because they are #censor# and don't want to take it to a proper container.

Posted on: 2013/5/17 9:23

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
101 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com