Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

Re: seen anything strange, wierd, or creepy while flyfishing in pa

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Last, I saw my friend get attacked by a goose protecting her nest. that was probably the funniest.

It's not funny at all. Not one bit.

Quote:
I think I could kick a gooses CDC if I really tried.

Took me a moment to process what was happening and compose myself, but yeah, the confrontation ended when the goose met my wading boot.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 13:25

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
O I just remembered another good one. Friend and I were fishing the Lehigh and my friend thought he hooked a dead log and was dragging it in, only to find out that it was a dead deer. That scared the #OOPS# out of him. lol

Posted on: 2010/12/13 13:29

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Pittsburgh
I was fishing the yough a few years, when a helicopter flew upstream at a very low altitude. It was so low, that I could feel the downward air surge as it passed over me. It then stopped a few hundred yards upstream of me, and dumped some kind of fluid in the river. Then continued upstream.
There is a military air base in the area, and I'm guessing that it was some kind of training maneuver.

Just this past summer, I finally got the nerve to stop in the Halton Hilton while fishing the clarion river. One strange experience!

Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:10

From York, PA
On Pine I saw an X rated moment. A canoe pulled over to the side and a young man and woman high up the hillside next to a tree. They gave the rafts that were following us a good show.

The helicopter story reminded me of a time when I was on the Susky and this Huey comes flying in real low, passes over me spraying this stuff. At the time I knew it was the black fly spray, but still weirded me out.

Blue Marsh - I was bank fishing in my youth and saw this bass boat hauling butt through the no wake zone. The guy tries a hard turn and the boat bites hard into the water and he goes flying overboard. He then gets back in his boat and motors off.

Quote:
Quote: CLSports wrote: I've seen dead bodies Seriously? So...its possible? Oh. Hell.

While I'm fortunate enough to not have found a body, a guy I knew was an officer and relayed a story to our group of fisherman about a shoe with a foot still in it being found on an island in the Susky. Don't know which I would prefer to find, the whole or the part.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:13

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Quote:

1stfly wrote:
While I'm fortunate enough to not have found a body, a guy I knew was an officer and relayed a story to our group of fisherman about a shoe with a foot still in it being found on an island in the Susky. Don't know which I would prefer to find, the whole or the part.

I think the correct answer is neither.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:22

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

3 years ago during the Little J clean-up day I found:

An adult DVD- Monsters of Rock (cept it wasnt rock but it rhymed with rock)

10 minutes later I found 3 hypodermic needles.

Few minutes later I found a razor sharp arrow.

And (no kidding) a rubber ducky!

Lastly- I was pulling trash off a steep hillside and grabbed a bag and it was deteriorated enough to where the bag broke away and a deer skull and bones and rotting flesh rolled out- aggghh! Found two or three more of those bags too- gross!

Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:25

From da' fane
only fish pa once....

seen a flyfisherman snagging steelhead with 2 flys tied to his leader...

dude really thought he was hooking them legit....,.

trust mne, the machine knows all about snagga roo!!!!!

hope he see s the truth but somehow doubt it...

why do not pa outlaw the silly crap? seriously weak fishing skill...

Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:58

~machine

VISUALS ALTERNATE REALITY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgUbQNzCvh4&feature=related

Quote:
why do not pa outlaw the silly crap?

We do. Illegal to intentionally snag fish. If accidently snagged, fish must be released immediately.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:19

Saw an albino native brookie once. It was about 6 inches long. I thought it was a hallucination for some reason but my friend saw it too.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:24

Oh yeah one more I was fishing a dropper on spring creek and missed a fish. The rig went into a tree and i popped it right out. There was a clump of something on the nymph. I grabbed it and went to take it off and realized it was a dead, partly rotten brown bat.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:29

From New Castle, PA
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:
I was fishing the yough a few years, when a helicopter flew upstream at a very low altitude. It was so low, that I could feel the downward air surge as it passed over me. It then stopped a few hundred yards upstream of me, and dumped some kind of fluid in the river. Then continued upstream.
There is a military air base in the area, and I'm guessing that it was some kind of training maneuver.

Just this past summer, I finally got the nerve to stop in the Halton Hilton while fishing the clarion river. One strange experience!

Spraying for black flies. They dump a bunch of chemicals in the water and it's supposed to kill the BF larva. Like that's gotta be safe for the other bugs...

I've been almost hit by this twice on Neshannock. The first time they dumped within 75yds or so of me, the second time they were much closer and must have seen me because they didn't release and took off farther upstream. I don't think it is the military in charge of the spraying. Maybe the DCNR?

Kev

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:37

I was river fishin once with big spinning gear, heaving these lures way out there at night fishin for walleye. As the line came up (lure still in the water), looked like a leaf on there. Reached out and grabbed it, and it was furry! A bat had hit the line in the air, tangled itself, then got drowned.

Of course, I stopped, put it down, and pulled the bat off before trying to reel in further, by which time the lure had snagged up good, I lost half my line, and was pretty much done fishin for the night. Luckily, my gf at the time was with me, so I wasn't left without something to do. :O

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:40

From Hatfield, Pa.
Was fishing at Alenberry early this fall and saw and egret trying to swallow a rainbow, all of a sudden it started to fly towards me then I realized a mink was after the egret or the trout or both. Wasn’t sure it was a mink at first but after it chased the egret it came up stream to within 20 feet of me.

Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:48

I had a blue heron take a fish which was on my line in the Tully. I won a short aerial battle of tug of war, and released the fish unharmed.

Years ago (teenage years), I also had a hawk swoop and miss a rabbit when rabbit hunting. Dog jumped it and was tracking it, ran it out into a field. I shot and missed. Hawk dove and missed. Rabbit went into the woods, where the dog lost it. Dang thing had a dog, human, and hawk trying to kill it and evaded us all!

Posted on: 2010/12/13 16:06

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

PennKev wrote:
Quote:

dryflyguy wrote:

Spraying for black flies. They dump a bunch of chemicals in the water and it's supposed to kill the BF larva. Like that's gotta be safe for the other bugs...

I've been almost hit by this twice on Neshannock. The first time they dumped within 75yds or so of me, the second time they were much closer and must have seen me because they didn't release and took off farther upstream. I don't think it is the military in charge of the spraying. Maybe the DCNR?

Kev

Pennkev -

The spot I was fishing is about 4 miles upstream of the connellsville water supply dam. Would seem really crazy to dump insecticide in the river there?

I thought at the time that maybe it was a training to douse a wildfire or something

Posted on: 2010/12/13 17:03

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com