Recommendations for week long fly fishing vacation?

T

tsurf

Friends and I are planning a fishing trip to Pennslvania around October of 2007 and would like recommendations on where to fish. We would also like to stay in a cabin on the river fished. Never been to Penn. but heard the fly fishing was amazing. Thanks for your replies.

T

What are you after???

Wild trout?
Stocked trout?
Big Trout?
Steelhead Trout?
Bass?
Other warm water species?

Also, what kinds of gear (rods. lines, etc) are you planning to bring. Refine your search and you will get a ton of suggestions.

Maurice

Hey Mo,

If they answer all of the above...Forest or Elk county would do it. Just pick anywhere within 2 hours of Erie and you can do all of those in october.

the centre county region has some real nice streams too

I'll second the vote for Centre County. Down here in SC PA we have legendary waters and a trip here would be rewarding but the opportunities upstate are better - esp if you're looking for larger waters, beautiful scenery and more numbers of wild fish. You could always take a day and visit the Cumberland valley - it's only about two hours from State College to Letort/Yellow Breeches etc. As for a cabin, check out state parks. Many have cabins for rent in nice forested areas although I would think Oct would be popular so get reservations early. Good luck!

Dear tsurf,

If you want to trout fish, I can recommend this place. I've stayed there several times. There is fishable water on Little Kettle Creek right on the property and you have Kettle Creek, Pine Creek, Cross Fork Creek, Young Woman's Creek, Slate and Cedar Run as well as about a zillion small streams within a 30 minute drive.

If the place looks interesting to you call now because they get a lot of repeat business and they get booked up well in advance.

http://www.kettlecreeklodge.com/

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Back