Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Pros vs Cons ownig a Cabin

You can double your fun at a cabin if you hunt. Usually fly fisherman don't hunt for one reason or another, but I have seen quite a few people who never thought they would enjoy hunting really appreciate it. It allows you to utilize your property in the winter, and fall, when the fishing may not be too stellar.

Hunting tends to show you forest that you may never see just fishing. It gives you a second perspective of the natural world.

Posted on: 2013/4/11 8:03

From Berks County, PA
I bowhunt and it was this other other passion that drove the purchase of my house in Columbia County. I also own a peice of Fishing Creek so not worried about access issues. If your going to buy a home along a stream its more than likely going to be in a flood plain of some sort. Flood insurance is not cheap if you want decent coverage.

Ron

Posted on: 2013/4/11 10:24

From Ligonier
Exactly, mine is near some terrific Grouse locations. Love a fine shotgun in my hand as much as a fine Fly Rod, as well as some fine Bourbon!!

Posted on: 2013/4/11 10:27

From Elizabethtown
If you buy into a cabin with a friend or relatives make sure they are people you really want to own a place with. Right now I'm stuck with place that I don't want our have any interest in but we can't agree what to do with it. It doesn't get used enough and will soon need some major upkeep. In 30 years it will probably be one of those places covered with moss and deteriorating and people will wonder why no one cares about it.

Posted on: 2013/4/14 17:51

From Maytown, PA
For all you people who have cabins that don't get used enough, Please post locations and hiding spots of keys, ( you can Pm that info) :)

Posted on: 2013/4/14 22:27

From Elizabethtown
wow that was another bad edit job on my part

Posted on: 2013/4/15 0:06

From Elizabethtown
Quote:

PALongbow wrote:
I bowhunt and it was this other other passion that drove the purchase of my house in Columbia County. I also own a peice of Fishing Creek so not worried about access issues. If your going to buy a home along a stream its more than likely going to be in a flood plain of some sort. Flood insurance is not cheap if you want decent coverage.

Ron

How far down on Fishing Creek? My cabin is on the West Branch in Elk Grove.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 0:09

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
146 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com