Pity the poor fish.........

JF_

JF_

because I'm heading up to Penns Fri morning for several days of fishing. I didn't fish Penns since June so I'm looking forward to some good stream time. No distractions, nothing else planned but fishing.

I also have new rod, reel and line, plus new wading boots to try out. Fenwick HMG 9ft 5wt (unused, got for free from a friend), new Fenwick reel and Cortland line I had sitting around, and a pair of new Simms aquastealth studded boots.

Now I gotta find some new beer....

Anyone else going to be in the area?

John

Picking the correct beer is important.
I would guess that the Penns Creek trout prefer Yuengling.
Now when I fish in the Allegheny National Forest, the fish want Straub's.
Closer to home, the Yough river trout definitely like Stoneys

Hmm, I would have figured those trout in Penns would prefer Rolling Rock, in pony bottles, by the case. That's why I like flyfishing. There usually is more than one correct answer. Enjoy your time up in Happy Valley. Gotta love that place.

I'm thinking about getting a Fenwick HMG 9 foot 6 weight. I have a Fenwick HMX 8 foot 5 weight (wish it was the HMG because its only like $10 or so more but with a 25 year warantee and the HMX only has a 5 year). I love how the HMX feels. I can't afford a Sage or Orvis rod and the Fenwicks are in my price range. To me Fenwicks seem like great rods and thats what my dad, brother, and me all own. I don't hear many using Fenwicks glad to hear someone else owns one other then me even if you did get it for free. Gota love free stuff! I just got a bunch of dry fly necks for free from a neighbor and some other tying materials. Too bad it was because of a death but at least his stuff is being put to good use. I didn't realize the guy was into fly tying as much as he was.

I'm thinking of getting either the Sims or LL Bean Aquastealth studed boots but I hear the aquastealths suck but with the studs it should help. I want a pair of good boots for fishing when there is snow on the ground (felts and snow just don't mix well) and I think the Aquastealth studed would be great for that.

Let me know how you liked the new stuff you got...hope the fishing is good I gota get to Penns someday.

Back