Pine Creek from the air

Chaz

Chaz

Troutbert brought up an interesting subject. I used to fly alot on the job and one of the many pleasures of fly is looking out the window at things on the ground and figuring out were you are. Anyway when flying in from Detroit many times; I was able to find places in Pa. that are familiar like the mouth of Pine Creek and the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.
From 30,000 feet or more you can see the entire valley as it snakes north from the mouth, and you can see the West Branch drainage pretty far west from there also. It's all so cool, but flying since 9/11 sucks, thankfully I don't have to fly much anymore.

Here is a an aerial of the mouth of Slate Run. This was taken about ten years ago, when the old Manor was still there.One of my favorite flights in Pa was when we took off from the airport just at the northern end of the Canyon. I took the controls and swwoped down and flew the entire valley at a rather low altitude. SOmewhere I have a few rolls worth of aerial spanning the entire Pine Creek Valley.

Back