Penns Creek, coming home...

flybop

flybop

I am looking forward to being back in Pa. for Christmas in a few weeks, and especially being back on my home stream, Penns.
Has anyone been there recently? Other than the Drakes my favorite time to be there was always in the winter. As long as the weather holds I will be there the week after Christmas. So, I was wondering if anyone has recent report?

Go to the website pennscreekangler.com he usually updates with stream reports once or twice a week.

I was there twice about 3 weeks ago, then stopped because I was starting to see redds and paired up fish. Fished below Coburn both times and used egg patterns exclusively.

I hope the browns will be done when I get there. I don't remember seeing actively spawning fish there in late Dec or early Jan.

Thnaks for the info. Been getting any snow on the ground there?

I like to call Jonas at the Feathered Hook for updates. And definately stop in. The old flyshop/bed'nbreakfast changed hands and Jonas has really done a lot with it.

www.thefeatheredhook.com

I like Jona's new shop, and remember the old one. If you have been in his shop before you may recognize this aerial of Penns that I took back in the spring of '06.

penns2.jpg

Back