PAFF Jamboree...Last Day!

29 days from the jam and the only good hatch I've fished so far is the BWO.

That ain't right. I am gonna go out on a limb and say no green drakes this year. Sulphurs and beers will do. Thanks for the reminder, Jack.

Don't forget the March Browns! Love that hatch on Penn's.

I think I saw a grand total of 1 mayfly so far. I'm even more depressed than before the opener due to all the rain. It can only get better from here.

For those who haven't come to a JAM before, it is everything you can expect and more. Lots of great fishermen all in one place in one of the best areas East of the Mississippi for trout fishing. I don't know any place I'd rather be in late May.

TUNA wrote:
Don't forget the March Browns! Love that hatch on Penn's.

I have experienced a march brown spinner "arrival" dozens of times on penns, but have yet to see a fall. Either a storm arrives, or the bugs just leave.

The duns fish well all day for me, but most anything between 10 and 16 in a lighter shade does that time of year! Here's hoping I get to fish the spinner this year.

Third year in a row that I'm out of town at the time of the jam. Hope to make my first one of these years.

At least I'll have a day to chase redfish in SC while I'm gone. Looking forward to that.

I'm planning on attending. I have never attended before, so any advice on how to plan for it would be appreciated. Also, I don't know the area or any of the streams. I will likely be coming alone, but I am hoping to meet up with some nice folks who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I'll be attending if i find a ride, six months til the license!

zen - make sure you bring a good rain jacket, and your hangover medicine of choice. Trust me on this one. ;-)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
zen - make sure you bring a good rain jacket, and your hangover medicine of choice. Trust me on this one. ;-)
So what is your favorite hangover medicine so alkaseltzer has worked for me

I requested the whole weekend off work.I won't be staying, but I'm hoping to meet up with some guys to fish. Super excited!

Figured you for a hair of the dog sort, really.

gfen wrote:

Figured you for a hair of the dog sort, really.

That'd be me. It got me into that mess, it might as well get me out of it. :lol:

plop, plop, fizz, fizz...

njk

To bad your not from my area, I could have given you a ride!

PaulG

PaulG I know you said you wouldn't be able to make the morning coffee this year. I'm willing to do it. I will bring my electric coffee perk again this year. I think it is a 30 cup perk so it might last a couple minutes in the morning. If I have PaulG's perk as well and we pitch in to defray the cost of the coffee I will be more than happy to do it. I will be arriving on Friday morning sometime. It will be a little late for Friday morning coffee but I can do it for Saturday and Sunday. I'll bring the coffee and an empty can for donations. See you guys in a few weeks!

Groove

Your right the 30 cup won't last long, If you guys want I'll bring my 30 cup over, to help out.

PaulG

Groove: Will you accept responsibility for coffee on Saturday and Sunday morning? You don't have to be the first to wake up, but it would be nice if you can arrange to get Paul's urn and to bring your own. I can bring coffee cups, cream and sugar and the coffee itself. The pavillion has been rented for our use and we can probably have everything ready the night before so that the first to arrive can put the brew on and unpack the supplies. My cabin is a hop , skip and a jump from the pavillion and I usually wake up early, so if I'm not the first to get to the pavillion, I shouldn't be far behind.

JackM, I accept the responsibility of the coffee for Saturday and Sunday. PaulG is you could bring the urn by sometime on Friday that would be great or is you want to meet somewhere along the way on Friday I can get the urn from you. I will be arriving sometime Friday probably around 10-11. We can work out the logistics of where we are keeping stuff Friday night but I assume it will be safe to stay overnight in the pavilion. I'm a big coffee drinker so I am more than happy to take the responsibility for it this year. Jack if you are bringing all the coffee and condiments I won't worry about that but let me know if you need me to bring anything else.

Back