HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: PA Prodigal son returning for fly fishing trip

From Las Vegas, NV
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
FWIW, why not head down to Laughlin and fish the Colorado for huge bows and stripers?

I will probably do that soon enough, but I really like the serenity of fishing the smallwater creeks/river bends right now. Even the area of the Colorado I fished in CO was pretty small.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 0:20

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Six-Gun wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
FWIW, why not head down to Laughlin and fish the Colorado for huge bows and stripers?

I will probably do that soon enough, but I really like the serenity of fishing the smallwater creeks/river bends right now. Even the area of the Colorado I fished in CO was pretty small.

Its certainly a huge river with a ton of flow. Huge fish. Looking at buying a secondary home out there.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 0:32

From Las Vegas, NV
I've fished Lake Mead for stripers on baitcasters, but never tried the lower Colorado for anything or by any means yet. It sounds intimidating, actually! I wouldn't know where to start. That's where I would probably break out my 8-weight Orvis 10' rod that I didn't bother bringing up here because it's way outside the discussion for a small creek. For the Colorado on big water with big fish and strong flows, however, it sounds like the ticket.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 1:05

From LV
Six Gun, thanks for your service. The closest stream to Lock Haven that is a decent size and mostly on state land and fishes well in the fall is probably Lick Run near Ferrandsville. It's just north of Lock Haven and is almost entirely in State Forest. Wild Browns and Brookies are both fiairly common. I spent an afternoon there last fall with friends and had a blast.
My favorite rod for this size stream is a 4 wt. 7 1/2 foot.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 16:53

From Las Vegas, NV
Chaz - Thanks a lot. More options for the quest. It's amazing to hear how many quality streams run through this area I'm visiting!

Posted on: 2013/8/2 11:08

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
58 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com