Optional Pa license buttons - here are the facts

M

Mike

http://fishandboat.com/faq-lic-button.pdf

Why are separate transactions necessary? Why can't I buy multiple buttons to evidence my singular license? And what if I buy the multi-year license? Do I need a new button every year anyway? So what's the point?

I too would like to know how the multi year license is handled

So to recap, an optional $5 more gets you a nifty button instead of a piece of paper. No real downside.... but not that exciting either.

What pfbc needs now is a marketing blitz.... I can see the ads now... featuring April Vokey and some very prominent buttons... (too far? :) )

It's in the FAQ fellas... If you have a multi-year license, you need to buy a new button each calendar year. I have a three-year and quite honestly, I'll just stick with the route of saving a .pdf file of the license and printing multiple copies. The buttons are nostalgic, but I can't really justify an additional $5 each year over the life of my license just for one button each year.

YMMV...

It's a button. Either you think it's cool or you don't. It's 5 bucks.
Cost of a beer at a bar, but you won't pee it out.

Oh my, someone is too cool for school.

BUY THE DAMN BUTTON MILLER!

frackin commie

I don't even have a Millport button Robinson! :-D

I think they are kinda neat. Especially if you are the kind of guy who wears the same hat or vest everytime they go fishing. Also probably has some appeal to the collector types as well.

I am undecided, probably wont buy one since I dont wear the same hat every time I go fishing and I am not a collector.

wgmiller wrote:
I don't even have a Millport button Robinson! :-D

Seriously. Who can afford that ritzy club water!?

I think I'll actually buy the button. It'll look good on the straps of my Richardson. All vintage and whatnot.

Commie.

With the button , you get no paper license? It is in place of the Paper?

The button is in addition to the paper license.

caveman wrote:

going to get my button today. you know you want one Miller!

Money goes to good things. Worth the $5. Ordered mine. Thanks Mike.

caveman wrote:

You must buy your paper license first, then you can buy the button as an alternate license display.

Another thing.. (which Mike probably won't like) is that I NEVER display my license. Every time I do I seem to lose it while bushwacking. However, I've never been asked for it in the past 2 years either. The button will fit nicely on my slingbag. I might superglue it closed so there's no way it escapes.

I just got my button, along with this notice. Anybody else get this notice?

Attachments

• IMG_2124 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2124 (Custom).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Just purchased my Lic. and "Button".

Back