Older in years but new here

C

chromid

I just could not stand it anymore! I have been a frequent sideline admirer of the site for a number of years and have enjoyed the many offerings shared through the postings of some very dedicated fly fishing junkies.

I have been an avid fly fisherman and tier for over 40 years. During that time I am sure that I may have crossed paths with some of you without either of us having the knowledge of who we were.

I just recently retired and now have the opportunity to really become involved in my passion. While living in NJ, the Flatbrook, Musconetcong, Raritan and Delaware were some of my favorite haunts. During my career I have had the fortune to make annual trips to the Lamar Valley, Slough, Pebble, the Madison, etc.

Having grown up and been schooled in Western PA and now resettled back here (actually in Ohio, but just 1 mile from the PA State line), I am eager to spend time on some of the PA streams that initiated my addiction. I am looking forward to participating in some of the many functions and activities this site has to offer and to making new friends plying these waters....

Tight Lines

Welcome to the site! We are glad to have your active participation moving forward.

from one oldie to another, WELCOME.
Now we can show these youngsters something !

Welcome, show me something, :)

Welcome aboard. GG

Welcome to the jungle!

Welcome Chromid and congrats on retirement.
Glad to hear you've enjoyed PAFF and decided to jump in. We've got a nice crew here. Like many online communities, our group leans toward a younger demographic and all levels of skill/experience. There are, however, many old fly fishing hands with decades of experience who enjoy hanging out here too.
Glad to have yuh.

Welcome I also recently retired and fish alot if you are in central pa (Tyrone) send me a pm. I am almost always available.

Welcome to PAFF. There are a good bunch of folks here on the forum. Look forward to hearing some of your experiences. Nice to have you on board.

Welcome. Always love to hear advice from those who have fished for a year or two!

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Ohioan join. There's a handfull of us on here.

Welcome aboard, the fishing Jamboree is in May at seven mnts. campground. Going to be a good time.

Welcome!

Fishidiot wrote:
Welcome Chromid and congrats on retirement.
Glad to hear you've enjoyed PAFF and decided to jump in. We've got a nice crew here. Like many online communities, our group leans toward a younger demographic and all levels of skill/experience. There are, however, many old fly fishing hands with decades of experience who enjoy hanging out here too.
Glad to have yuh.

What Fish is not saying is the reason we lean toward a younger demographic is that so many of us have arthritic knees and backs. We need the support! :)

Dave

I'm up there too and get hurt a lot because I forget my age. I'm even older than djs. Welcome to the forum.

I'll be out your way the last two weeks of March chasing Steel primarily in Ohio.If your into that give me a call.
By the way I'm even older than you but I can still move real well.

Welcome Chromid! sounds like your in farmerDaves neighborhood. Good fishing in pa just east of you ;-)

Welcome aboard! Glad to "meet" you....

Back